Citroen spare key - Tony Coote
I have just purchased as a second car a 1998 Saxo 1.1 SX. The previous owner only had one key and the car is fitted with an immobiliser. I have the key number, so i am able to purchase another key from Citroen. However, I am told it then has to be reprogrammed which can only be done by Citroen, cost for a spare key in total £100+VAT. I know i will have to buy the key from Citroen but does anyone know if the it is only the dealer who can programme the key, or can i do it myself, or is there an independent who can do it for me.
Re: Citroen spare key - Ian Cook
Tony

Is it the immobiliser type that is activated by the remote (i.e. not the keypad type)?

If so I am assuming that Citroen use the same system on the Saxo as they do for tha Xantia - in which case, you can't programme it yourself. You need to take the existing key/remote to a Citroen dealer and they do the job in about an hour. Cost seems about right. It cost me £65 for a replacement remote (using existing key).

Sorry I can't be of more help - the message to us all is that key replacement is now very expensive!

Ian