93 micra juddering when warm - pufnagel
93 micra 1litre LX.I drive 3 miles and it starts shaking very annoyingly.Its been like that for 3 weeks.first occasionally,now I can only cross the road before having trouble.I bought it in really dab condition,but reasonably priced.
Other symptoms:it burns oil - I refill 1 litre every 250 miles
petrol consumption to high- 8.5 litres/100 km
I hear a sparkly sound geting permanent when engine hot.occurs at the 1st spark plug and causes a kind of electric power drain since the engine would cut out.pulling out that plug seem to keep engine running.also switching on lights makes engine struggle and die quicker.
can anyone help?
Ive got the sparkle plugs changed, sparkles cleaned and interchanged.
93 micra juddering when warm - Civic8
Did you know of vehicle condition before you bought it?.from what you said you have more problems than car is worth to repair,how much did you buy this car for/oil burning on its own suggests recon engine/short block,more than the car is worth IMO!
--
Steve
93 micra juddering when warm - circlip
These problems should be considered separately for the moment. First the poor engine running. If the car cranks and starts well then you can I think assume the battery of ok because this is when it has the most load on it. If in doubt, get a local battery retailer to do a load test on the battery and they will tell you if it is servicable, or not. Also ensure the battery is being charged correctly by the alternator. These tests normally cost nothing. If the battery is ok, check the plugs. Condition, correct grade, gap, colours etc. Plugs can tell you alot about an engine. They should be dry and the colour like digestive biscuit, and all the same colour. If plug 1 is black and/or wet it may be oil contamination causing a misfire when the engine heats up and tolerances open allowing excess oil into the combustion chamber. If the plugs are ok, the coil could be at fault, breaking down when hot and causing a misfire - a typical symptom, although this would effect all the plugs connected to it, not just one. Certainly plug 1 appears to be at fault if all is well when it is disconnected. Take a look at the plug cap and HT lead to ensure there is no breaks, splits or hardening which could cause it to short to earth and to misfire. The combination of a duff battery and a shorting ignition circiut could be putting too much drain on the battery when gets worse when you turn on other circuits. The oil consumption problem could be connected or not. Where is the oil going? It is either being burnt, which will show up by the spark plug colour (black, sooty) and white/blue smoke from the exhaust pipe which you should be able to smell, or it is leaking out somethere. So look on the ground where you park the car overnight. 250 miles to a litre of oil is pretty bad and if a piston ring or oil contol ring in cylinder 1 is broken, this will allow excessive oil, unhindered into the top of the cylinder to be burnt which will foul the spark plug, cause a misfire and obvious rough running. If the ring is broken, it may also make the noise you mention above, I've heard this before.
first thanks
I suspected oil burns before buying it since checked the exhaust gases colour and smell.but I only paid 3 quid and using it for short trips.I know it might not worth fixing,Im taking it to a nissan dealer for diagnostics.Ill let u know.
Ive bought & replaced the plugs,old ones looked pretty good I suppose,dry with thin white-gray threads (like smoke).The sparkles were black all right,got them cleaned and back in.
distributor may be faulty thou.Its cracked at one of the skrew holes and the four pins inside are white and corroded.got everything a good polish but no improvment.
can oil in the cylinder cause a misfire or is a pure electrical/electronic problem? how about the fuel consumption?8.5l/100km
93 micra juddering when warm - circlip
oil in the correct quantities will not, but excessive oil can interfere with the sparking process by shorting out the plug, it also causes excessing and accelerated carbon fouling - I've owned several old CZ and russian 2 stroke motorcycles and have had this happen! If the engine is not efficiently using fuel due to misfires etc then too much of it will be blowing out of your exhaust and not being burned. Sort the other problems and the fuel consumption will improve.
93 micra juddering when warm - Chris S
>>how about the fuel consumption?8.5l/100km

My 1.0 litre P-reg Micra Shape does about 10 miles (16 km?) per litre.

Light grey plugs mean the engine is running weak - which is what they do these days to help meet emission standards.
93 micra juddering when warm - Dynamic Dave
Light grey plugs mean the engine is running weak

Grey means the fuel / air mixture is correct.

www.spark-plugs.co.uk/pages/technical/diagnosis.htm
www.verrill.com/moto/sellingguide/sparkplugs/plugc...m
thanx u all again
took my mirca to local dealer after long hesitations.diagnostic test ran in minutes costs 45 euro,and the result ....air mass sensor needs replacement.quatation:950 euro including vat and fit
I said no way but nissan was "nice" and sent me to scrappy.
I wonder what is that sensor and is it worth geting one off scrapy or should I just order new part and fit it myself?
and what about calibration,is software(ecu programming) involved after replacing part?cheers
93 micra juddering when warm - Scott H
Read HJ's Car-by-Car Breakdown for the Micra. The mass airflow sensor is incorporated into the throttle body. Fairly common for these to go after 100,000 km. Before looking for a replacement try the re-soldering trick shown here:

www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles...f

Failing that, re-conditioned ones are available on eBay, in the UK at least, for significantly less than at a dealer. It should be a direct swap with the old one, no ECU programming necessary.

Scott
that,s good news ,thanks scott.tried resoldering no results.
Im gonna check out ebay