"Bullseye" stone chip - L'escargot
My car's windscreen has recently acquired a 4 mm o.d. "bullseye" stone chip. How important is it that I get it repaired fairly quickly? Fortunately it isn't in my field of vision ~ it's right in front of the rear view mirror.
--
L\'escargot.
"Bullseye" stone chip - blue_haddock
Bullseye style chip don't generally tend to crack and spread they can however let water in cause the screen to de-laminate. I'd say it's not a massive emergency but i would get it done ASAP
"Bullseye" stone chip - Dynamic Dave
I thought most, if not all insurance companies encourage free windscreen repairs for chips and the like - as long as you use one of their authorised repairers. Providing you've got windscreen insurance as part of your policy, obviously.
"Bullseye" stone chip - blue_haddock
Even if you haven't got cover it's only about a tenner to get it repaired.
"Bullseye" stone chip - bell boy
i always have to pay £20/25 and thats trade, give me the tenner mans number please as a proper job takes 1/2 hour or is your man scotching?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
"Bullseye" stone chip - Beetlefan
i always have to pay £20/25 and thats trade, give me
the tenner mans number please as a proper job takes 1/2
hour or is your man scotching?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"

Hi Oldman, My Daughter only paid £10 to have a "bullseye" repaired in her Pug 205 Windscreen!

The Company was Town and Country Windscreens from Slough I believe.
"Bullseye" stone chip - Manatee
I think the general rule if you have windscreen cover is that you call the nominated repairer, and they will either repair it (free) or if unfixable replace the screen (c. £50 excess usually)?
"Bullseye" stone chip - Dynamic Dave
if unfixable replace the screen (c. £50 excess usually)?

Mine is £60 - Direct Line.
"Bullseye" stone chip - TrevL
Last winter I got a screen chip and resolved to call in and get it repaired when I was passing a major repairer. After a couple of days the chip became a crack. This meant a new screen, as it was way outside of limits. The repairer said it's always a good idea to get chips fixed asap this time of year as water ingress and freezing can cause the chip to expand. I validated this theory! Suggest you call in and get it fixed, or they'll come to you at home or work. It's usually free if you're fully comp insurance.
"Bullseye" stone chip - Navara Van man
Get it done ASAP i had a chip on the troper windscreen and as It is rarly driven decided to leave it. One heavy frost and had to pay £50 excess on new screen due to crack spreading.
"Bullseye" stone chip - L'escargot
I finally got round to having it repaired, and I'm completely satisfied with the result. www.wruk.co.uk/ billed my insurer direct and didn't charge a penny. I just hope my insurer accepts it without asking me for the excess.
--
L\'escargot.