Mot Failure - Cat & Lamda - Kia Pride - gramar
Wife's car today failed MOT test on lambda sensor and catalytic convertor. It's a W reg Kia Pride with 38k miles. When we bought the car it was just 3 years old and had already had a new lambda sensor fitted to pass its first MOT (2003). In 2004 something had to be adjusted to get the emmissions down to pass that MOT and last year another new lambda sensor was fitted.

Today the car has failed again - we're told we need a new cat & another sensor.

Whats happening or are we just unlucky. Why does the lamda keep failing? and do we have to have a new sensor when a new cat is fitted??
Mot Failure - Cat & Lamda - Kia Pride - T Lucas
Unlikely to be the cat,possible the lambda,but does the car get a good work out and what were the readings that failed the MOT?
Mot Failure - Cat & Lamda - Kia Pride - bell boy
these cars were never really designed for an injection system with cat therefore that is why it fails every year.I suspect it only does short journeys?if you want my advise then i would recommend a complete engine service and then a good 40 mile drive take back to mot station and ask him if he will then do you a free emmissions test and see what comes out,post back if it fails and we can advise further.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"