Peugeot 306 Turbo problem - andyrhysjones
I have a 1996 Peugeot 306 DTurbo, the exhaust manfold is blowing and also the Turbo is whistling at a high pitch whenever the accelerator is used. Could this just be as a result of a leak in the manfold or has the turbo gone?

Any ideas?
Peugeot 306 Turbo problem - Civic8
Its the result of the leak,and the worse the leak gets the more you can hear the turbo.
--
Steve
Peugeot 306 Turbo problem - andyrhysjones
I've had the problem checked, the pipe to the CAT had completely sheared off, causing the turbo to not function due to no back pressure. Thanks for the suggestion.
Peugeot 306 Turbo problem - Civic8
Turbo was working hence the whistle,but dies off at tickover,above that it makes for turning heads as you drive by:)
--
Steve
Peugeot 306 Turbo problem - autumnboy
"I've had the problem checked, the pipe to the CAT had
completely sheared off, causing the turbo to not function due to
no back pressure."

I don't think so. The less back pressure in the exhaust from the Turbo, the better it is for the Turbo to do its job. But unless you had a crack, etc in the exhaust manifold to the Turbo causing the problem. Also as you said at first, about a leak somewhere in the boost side of the piping, manifold or intercooler.

All the sheared exhaust will do is make a loud noise in and out of the car.
Peugeot 306 Turbo problem - Dan's 306
Yep its definatley a leak around the turbo. I had the jubilee clip slip off the inlet pipe from the intercooler whilst i was driving down the round and then when the accelerator was pressed I sounded like a harrier jump jet taking off!!!! Check out those pipes also check the gasket on the intercooler housing (passengers side, this has a bad habit of sitting squiffy)