M3 to Guildford - mare
I have to go to the Holiday Inn in Guildford tomorrow for 12 (noon). It is apparently on the A3, but i don't know whether it's on the east bound or west bound side. I can always turn around somewhere if need be.

Coming from the west and up the M3, am i best leaving at junction 4 and down the A331 then head east along A31, or stay on until J3 and straight down A322?

All advice appreciated
M3 to Guildford - henry k
www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/direction/guisu

"These driving directions are provided only as a rough guideline.
Please be sure to call ahead to verify the location and directions."

Hotel Front Desk: 44-870-4009036

M3 to Guildford - SteVee
"Coming from the west and up the M3, am i best leaving at junction 4 and down the A331 then head east along A31, or stay on until J3 and straight down A322?"

A331 (blackwater valley road) then A31 (hogs back)

As you join the A331 from the m3 exits, make sure you are in the right-most 2 lanes - the left 2 lanes dive off almost immediately.
The A31 enters a 60 limit within a mile of joining it (it's dual carriageway) and may have cameras active. Joining the A3 is easy (but has a 50 limit)

It's an easy route - much better than the A322 which is more built up - and the A322 connection to the A3 is no fun at all.
M3 to Guildford - Altea Ego
It Matters Not. It is on the Surrey Research Park & Royal Surrey Hospital exit, and has access from both carriageways.

Approach from the A31 hogs Back will be best, can't miss it its on your left as you come off the Hoggs back. So that off J4 M3.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
M3 to Guildford - mss1tw
Give me a wave. ;o)
M3 to Guildford - mare
Give me a wave. ;o)

waves

Thanks all, J4 it is!
M3 to Guildford - cheddar
From M3, off at J5 A287 to A31. I have also done A303, onto the south bound A34, B3047, A31 when going from Somerset to Woking.
M3 to Guildford - Avant
With respect Cheddar, the J4 advice is best. You would have to go either through the centre of Farnham (A287) or round by Upper Hale to the Guildford road. I was brought up in Farnham and, fond as I am of it, through traffic should avoid it. The only bypass is the A31 west / east.
M3 to Guildford - cheddar
I wont argue, I do it various ways, J5, J4, and J3 (Lightwater) though getting off the M3 early is adviable in rush hour times and J4 can be busy.