honda f-rv - scfc_151
im interested in the new diesel (2.2i) honda f-rv just wondered if anyone had any opions/reviews on the car

cheers
honda f-rv - mrmender
Cracking car nearly bought one last year but dealer was very dissapointing
Diesel goes well CAR Magazine had one on long term test never missed a beat
Only gripe is its supposed to be a 6 seater but front middle seat is only good for small adults or children, i considered a multipla but i think the honda is a better bet build/depreciation etc
I think i may try again with another dealer next year
Let me know how you get on
honda f-rv - Chad.R
HJ's road test, albeit of the petrol versions, here;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=153

Car-by-Car-Breakdown entry here;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m

honda f-rv - barchettaman
Talking of the Multipla, it offers a similar layout and is considerably cheaper, if a bit Popemobile-ish. Thought of one with the Fiat JTD engine?
honda f-rv - RobC
Does anyone know if Honda will be doing an automatic F-RV?
honda f-rv - AlastairW
A colleague and my little brother both now have FRVs. Both cars are petrol, both are completely faultless.
Brothers car is higher spec and has electric folding mirrors, which are worth having on this car as it is very wide. He regularly carries 6 (3 adults and 3 kids) and has had no problems with access or room.
honda f-rv - Manatee
I have not driven the FR-V but you might be interested in my first month's experience of a CR-V with the diesel engine.

Over 2,500 miles the cumulative mpg is 40.2, rolling average based on last 3 fills 41.2. Based on the difference in the quoted combined figures, 43-44 would be realistic for the FR-V, though I have no idea if my experience is typical. I have been driving sensibly (and legally as to speed) so it would undoubtedly be easy for a pushy driver to depress these figures by a few mpg.

I think the oil level has barely gone down if at all so it certainly isn't using a litre every 600 miles as referred to in HJ's CBCB - if it did I would be very disappointed as Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel is about £38 for 4l so it would cost nearly £200 in oil between services.

You will not want for overtaking ability - I think the FR-V and CR-V weigh about the same.
honda f-rv - MoneyMart
I have not driven the FR-V but you might be interested
in my first month's experience of a CR-V with the diesel
engine.

Is (was) your CRV brand new?

If so, the MPG will improve steadily as mileage increases and the engine losens up. It will only start to level off at about 20,000 miles.

Driven normally a 2.2d V should average 48-52mpg. Driven gently and on long runs, expect up to 52mpg-55mpg.

The V's biggest enemy is high speed due to its high aerodynamic footprint. The difference in economy between cruising at 60mph and 70mph is astonishing. As soon as you go over 75mph the fuel gauge starts to move as fast as the scenery!

Going back to the original thread, I really like the FR-V, and would consider buying one. Only drawback I am aware of is the cars width causes it to pick up parking dings and dents in the supermarket car park as it fills the space more than your average motor, leaving less space between you and the car next to it!
------------
MoneyMart

Current car: 55-reg Audi A4 2.5 V6TDi Quattro flappy-paddle
honda f-rv - MoneyMart
oh yeah, they DO drink oil in the first 20,000 miles but then seem to settle in.

Check it frequently because it's unpredictable! i.e. it's possible to do 4000 miles with no drop, then it'll go from max to min in 200 miles!

Wierd!

And no warning light (which is criminal imo)
------------
MoneyMart

honda f-rv - Manatee
Yes the CR-V is new. If it reaches 48-52mpg I would be delirious.
honda f-rv - MoneyMart
It will...

...but not overnight!

Enjoy ;-)
------------
MoneyMart