points gap ? 1989 1.0 micra - noisytappets
Helo all, can anyone tell me the points gap for my 89 1.0 micra?

I set them to 0.28m as a roadside emergency coz it started running very poor and it turned out the points were not secure.It does run pretty smooth but i only guessed the gap so i would like to adjust them to proper spec
Also am i right in thinking there are NO websites that will list the spec of all cars? Many thanks for any replies
points gap ? - dieselhead
Gap should be 0.45 to 0.55mm according to Haynes manual. Should really check dwell angle (49 - 55 deg) as feeler gauge is just basic setting. Hope that helps
points gap ? - Dynamic Dave
Gap should be 0.45 to 0.55mm according to Haynes manual.

The info I have from the Haynes electronic data book is 0.30 to 0.45 mm. No mention of dwell angle though. Sorry if this info contradicts other postings.
points gap ? - Screwloose
noisytappets

Assuming a K10 Micra with a MA10S engine running a Hitachi distributor; the setting is 0.40mm. ["16 thou"]

The reason that there's not many websites carrying car data, is that [barring certain legal obligations] all manufacturers' data is both copyright and covered by intellectual property rights.

Data is big business and the restriction [and cost] of access to it, is the largest single problem currently facing the motor-trade. I probably paid-out, in all, over £3,000 for it last year alone.

Without up-to-date, comprehensive and accurate data; you're blundering, blindfolded, in a minefield when repairing the current hi-tech systems.
points gap ? - noisytappets
thanks for the advice lads
think il go for 0.40ish if its hitachi coz its running so well with the 0.28m i dont want to take it too far away from that and seeing as the points are so easy to get to its easy to adjust them till its right.... MANY THANKS.. ALL THE BEST
points gap ? - Civic8
Dieselhead and DD sound about right,last one I sorted-adjusted to 19 thou old value,I think 16 slightly too small a gap but should get away with,0.28 I think is around 11 thou
--
Steve