ford Mondeo estate LX 2000 (x) alarm ??? - jonmadrid
Hi

I have a 00 (X) reg mondeo estate. For no reason that I can tell, the alarm keeps going off on its own! When I unlock the car with the remote it goes crazy with the lndicators flashing madly and the horn beeping really fast (luckily not too loud or i'd be really popular with the neighbours!). it doesn't seem to do it when i use the key and only lock it (no flashing lights from indicators). Any ideas on whats wrong and what I can do to stop this? thanks. It does not have grilles on the pillars , but it does have 2 sensors on the front screen area . the key fob has 3 positions unlock, lock, double lock & tailgate open. Car starts and runs but alarm & flashers keep going !!!!!
for the last 2 days!!!!
Many thanks

Jon

ford Mondeo estate LX 2000 (x) alarm ??? - Adam {P}
Hi Jon,

I think I read recently (on here) that the bonnet switch on Mondeos was the cause of some odd problems. There is a trick you could do but I'm unsure as to whether it could help you diagnose an oversensitive switch. You can try it anyway though;

You can either a) Open and close a door numerous times in quick succession until the alarm chirps (trust me!) or b) open the bonnet and look for a switch near the front of the car. It goes in when the bonnet is closed and is probably encased in rubber. Press that loads of times until the alarm chirps briefly.

However you've done it, you're now in "Alarm Diagnostic Mode". Opening a door or boot will result in a brief chirp to let you know that's what would set the alarm off ordinarily. I would suggest pressing that bonnet catch button in to simulate the bonnet being closed and then releasing it. It should chirp once. If it does it whilst the button is depressed, then there's your problem.

I know it's a long shot and it probably won't work. After typing this reply I've just realised you've got internal sensors which could well be the problem. It isn't an aftermarket alarm is it? I think the Mondeos only had the door pillar grilles as internal sensors but could be wrong.

Good luck anyway,

Adam
ford Mondeo estate LX 2000 (x) alarm ??? - jonmadrid
Hi Adam
many thanks for your reply content duly noted, not sure about aftermarket sensors as new car to me.
regards
Jon