Peugeot 205 air filter - darkside
hi,this may seem a silly question to you,does a peugeot 205 1.8 diesel 1989 have an air filter.i have been given this car and changed oil etc but when i looked in air filter box there was only two round foam filters!.

terry.
Peugeot 205 air filter - Editor
Lucky you-I had 2 pug 205 diesels, one turbo, one normal. Both great-turbo was naughty though!

Yes, it must have an air filter & that's exactly what it looks like! Don't forget to do the 'drain the water out of the fuel filter' bit as well.

I ran one of these for well over 160k miles. Miller's Diesel Power plus is a usefull additive.

HTH
Peugeot 205 air filter - Dynamic Dave
You'll probably find the foam filters have an oily feel to them. The oil is there to attract and hold any dust. One of my old motorbikes had a similar air filter. From time to time it needed washing out with solvent (I used petrol) and re-oiling with fresh oil again. I beleive there is some proper oil available to do the job properly, but back in the days when I was even tighter than I am now, I just used a small amount of the same oil that I bought to top the bike's engine up with.
Peugeot 205 air filter - Xileno {P}
I've used engine oil to oil a foam filter with no problems.

Agreed these are great cars, well worth looking after. The XUD is one of the best engines ever made, IMO.

Make sure you get the cambelt changed on time, change the oil and filter regularly, also the coolant and brake fluid. No reason why it shouldn't go on for many years. I hope my 205 diesel does...
Peugeot 205 air filter - slowdown avenue
AIR COST ABOUT 8 pound in 1989 , just wash it out as suggested, change gearbox oil as well