Vectra speedometer - markj2210
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows much about the speedometer on a vectra b?
I have a Y reg and its done 158000 miles, just recently some of the pixels on the tripometer have stopped working. Thought about looking on ebay for a replacement but would this mean changing the whole unit? If so, how would this affect the mileage reading?

thanks for any adivce, its driving me nuts.

Vectra speedometer - Dynamic Dave
The replacement speedo will display whatever mileage it was previously showing in the donor car.

You can of course get this changed by numberous companies who advertise in the small ads of magazines such as the Autotrader via the appropriate lead and laptop.

I've never seen one of the odometer displays fail before - only ever the backlight bulb, which is replacable. Seen quite a few of the radio / fuel computer displays fail though.

I take it you know how to get the speedo out? If not, I can post a link to some instructions.
Vectra speedometer - markj2210
Thanks for the info Dave.
I know how to get the whole unit from the dash board as ive changed a couple of bulbs before. Is it possible to take the unit apart to change the speedo or will I have to change the whole lot?
Vectra speedometer - Dynamic Dave
Is it possible to take the unit apart to change the speedo or will I have to change the whole lot?

Not sure. On other Vauxhall's I've worked on (Astra mk1, Cavalier mk2 & mk3) all the dials and clocks were screwed to the instrument cluster and could be removed from it individually. Look around the back of the unit to see if the speedo is screwed in.
Vectra speedometer - elekie&a/c doctor
the gauges on these are an all in one unit .It is possible to seperate the front instrument needle assy from the circuit board but this does not help if the display is faulty.I guess it is possible to swap the digital display units but would require some tricky soldering.