VW Lupo central locking weirdness - blacktop
My 2000 Lupo has developerd a weird fault in the central locking of the drivers door lock.

On turning the key to unlock, the lock seizes and both front windows decend fully! The key can then only then be removed by turning it back to vertical against a very strong resistance force (almost breaking the key) which also grips the key when in the vertical position for withdrawl.

The passenger lock still works fine and will lock the drivers door as normal.

Any ideas?

Bt.
VW Lupo central locking weirdness - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
The windows descending is not weird. My Passat will do it via the key on demand- useful if the car has been sitting in hot weather.
As for the stiff lock try a WD40 injection (or an appropriate lock lubricant)
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
VW Lupo central locking weirdness - blacktop
It's not as simple as that. The locking on this car is not remote and the key is only mechanical. The lock changed from normal silken operation to vice like seizure without any warning. I would guess it is more of an electrical problem.
VW Lupo central locking weirdness - Adam {P}
The windows are meant to do that.

Try shoving some WD40 in the lock just in case it is a bit stiff. May as well eliminate the cheapest problem first.
VW Lupo central locking weirdness - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
As I said my Passat will do it via the KEY being put in the lock and turned, not the remote. Glad to see Adam and I agree.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
VW Lupo central locking weirdness - Dynamic Dave
And once you've loosened the lock up with wd-40, then take note of Cyd's suggestion in the following thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8483