5 year Honda Civic 1.4 service or not - jammods
Hi I have a 1.4 honda civic x reg. My question is honda want £150 to service the car (which doesnt include plugs as its the 45k service)

I could buy oil,filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, spark plugs and do it myself for £50 in parts, but no dealer stamp.

Will the SH affect its value in 2 - 3 years time when I sell it?

I would retain all receipts and make a note of what I did and when.

Thanks in advance
5 year Honda Civic 1.4 service or not - Happy Blue!
For a Honda, I think a FS dealer H is useful, but records of your own maintenance are also pretty good. However, £150 isn't a huge amount for a car with reasonable value left in it, and they will check up on other things whilst under the car.

Frankly, i'd let them do it.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Crikey Espada! Just realised I posted the same question last time it needed servicing (well over a year ago) and you gave me the same advice then!

Thanks your quick on the replies.

5 year Honda Civic 1.4 service or not - Falkirk Bairn
A service should not just be a change of oil & filters but an overall check on car including under it - he might just spot a problem with teh brake pipes, pads etc etc that will make the £150 look really cheap.
5 year Honda Civic 1.4 service or not - Aprilia
Service stamp will not really affect the value of a 6-7 year old Civic.
Thanks for all replies. I think I have found the answer. I am going to buy all the bits myself, and then take it to guy who works in a garage. He is going to fit the bits and give it a once over in his dinner hour for a bit of beer money.