Double Car tax brainstorm - Vin {P}
I went out today and got a new tax disc for the car, backdated to the start of December. The time came to put it into the car and I realised my current tax runs out at the end of December, not November. So my car is now double taxed for a month.

I know it's only £15, but I give Gordon enough as it is. Is there a way to get this back?

V

PS. Assume that I already know what an idiot I am for doing this in the first place.
Double Car tax brainstorm - AngryJonny
I've done this intentionally in the past (long story) and the woman in the Post Office alerted me that the car was doubly-taxed for a month - the computer flagged it. I'm surprised they didn't warn you of it at the time.
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
Double Car tax brainstorm - Ruperts Trooper
You could have got a refund on the old tax but only up to 30th November.

You'll just have to drive it twice as much now to get your money's worth out of Gordon!
Double Car tax brainstorm - Pugugly {P}
Saw two Apache Helicopters looking for trouble today. - Worth paying a month's tax twice for...IYKWIM
Double Car tax brainstorm - Screwloose

Apache helicopters!!! (So that's what they meant by a "tax-disc crackdown.")

You used to just get a fixed penalty!
Double Car tax brainstorm - Pugugly {P}
Remarkable effect on re-offending though.
Double Car tax brainstorm - SlightlyFatRep
I was driving back from Salisbury a week or so ago and there is a long stretch before a roundabout with a couple of crests on it. Went over the second one only to see an Apache coming towards me at very very low level.

No need to wonder what it would feel like to face one..

Glad I was wearing brown cords though.............
Double Car tax brainstorm - adverse camber
I would try just taking the disk back and explaining and ask for a refund or new disk. If it was only bought today there shouldnt be a problem.
Double Car tax brainstorm - artful dodger {P}
You could try and tell the PO that they issued the wrong tax disc to you. I am sure they would be accomodating if you can show you paid on the normal renewal form. You only error should have been paying earlier than most do.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Double Car tax brainstorm - Stuartli
As it's been backdated you are unlikely to have any joy...:-(
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Double Car tax brainstorm - Galaxy
They don't normally send you the reminder/renewal form until a couple of weeks before the old tax runs out.

Did you use a renewal form for the new tax? If so, I can't possibly see how the PO didn't give you the correct dated tax disc; I'm sure it tells you on the form when the previous tax ends.

I suppose, as it's Christmas, the DVLA could possibly have send the renewal forms out early so as to avoid the Christmas rush. However, even if they did, it normally says on the form that the tax can't be remewed before a certain date, usually two weeks before the end of the month.

I think this one's down to a mistake by the PO. I should go back pronto and explain all to them.

It also might just be possible that, if you claim a refund on the day of issue of the new tax disc, it might just be possible to obtain a complete refund, i.e. not loose a month. But you would have to check this out with the DVLA or local DVLA office, I'm really not sure about this at all.