Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estate - alex
Watching Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estate {AKA MG ZTX or similar}, V the Lexus and Audi, never mind which is best now, which will be best at 5 years old?

The Audi will look as new, the Lexus will have had nothing changed at all, apart from serviving, the Rover, with its doddgy engine will have had its head gasket changed twice, the bumpers will all be cracked and most of the trim will have fallen off.

Plus as implied on Driven, its already 10 years behing the times in terms of engineering.

The Rover will make the cheapest 2nd hand buy no doubt and so will be the worst new buy. So sad when you look at our motoring heritage.

Alex
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estat - T lucas
Its a shed to start with what chance has it got five years down the line?
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estat - El Dingo (Martin)
Yes, quite.

A great way to 'shed' pounds (sterling).

Martin.
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estat - alex
My point exactly !!!!!!!!!! So who on earth will buy one ?????????
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estat - T lucas
Thats a good question,probably fleet user choosers,cant think many private Joes would part with their own hard earned to own one.
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the Rover 75 estat - Flat in Fifth
alex and t lucas,

Would you care to enlighten us whether either of you have actually driven a 75 regularly for any long distance?

I declare I have driven neither audi nor lexus but the Rover certainly seems to be screwed together well. Ones on our fleet are NOT falling apart, still look OK, and seem to be screwed together better than in the past. Including very high mileage ones coming up to 3 years old. Plus the drivers seem to be happy.

just an alternative view
Driven this week {CH4} with the excellent ZT-T - David Lacey
My views entirely Flat, I bet my bottom dollar that they haven't set foot in a 75

Brewski should have known better than hold his foot on the throttle off the line

Why put the pro drivers in the cars with all the driver aids, huh?

Driven has fallen in my estimation. Going to the dogs as did TG.

David
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the excellent ZT-T - Darcy Kitchin
I have limited experience with a Rover 75. The 1.8 Club on our fleet has covered 30K miles and it is exactly now as when I first drove it with about 20 miles on the clock. I emphasise, no rattles squeaks or other untoward noises. Everything works and I find it a smooth, relaxing drive.

Get some experience in one before slagging it off.
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the excellent ZT-T - T lucas
I bought a 99V Club SE auto with 72000 from a local co that runs about 40 cars,all over the UK.I usually buy everything that they have finished with unless staff want them.The 75 had one driver from new and was mostly serviced at one Rover dealers.The major parts that were replaced were,steering rack,a/c pump,window motor and radiator.It also leaked water into the boot seemingly from day one.I took the car home once and it left a few oil drips on my drive.The drive is comfotable,if a little soggy,ok if thats how you like it.My point with Rovers/MG is that at best they are only average and to survive and prosper in todays world markets that is not good enough.Sold the car on 1st week in Jan,best bid £8,160.
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the excellent ZT-T - Nicholas Moore
I doubt that Autocar would have branded the 75 the quiestest, most comfortable car this side of an S class without good reason.
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the excellent ZT-T - Dave N
I can't remember ever seeing one of the new 'spoilered' versions on the road.
Re: Driven this week {CH4} with the excellent ZT-T - T lucas
Its like anything in this life,sure listen to what others say,but try it yourself b4 you make your mind up.And for me Rover product is not up to the mark.