VW Golf Mk IV cutting out Problem - kams
Hi,

I have a 1998 1.6SE golf. It has started to cut out whilst I am driving. The engine will just cut out, the engine light comes on. Sometimes you can drop it in to second gear and "jump" it. But usually you park up, wait a while and then re start. After a while it usually starts up again.

I have had it checked out but because the problem is intermitant they can't find a fault.

Can anyone help please.
VW Golf Mk IV cutting out Problem - Peter D
Did they check over include the Main Power ECU relay as these are prone to bad joints inside. Repairable though. Regards Peter
VW have had it in and they say the computer readingsshow no fault. I don't know if by starting the car up again after it has cut out, the computer re-sets itself so when they check they get no reading. I wouldn't have thought so.
But thanks Peter, i'll get them to check on the relay.
VW Golf Mk IV cutting out Problem - Peter D
This fault does not report an error as the the ECU shuts down as though the ignition key was turned off. Regards Peter
VW Golf Mk IV cutting out Problem - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I'd something similar on my Mark IV SDI. Door lock/ignition lock needed changing (under warranty). Something to do with the immobiliser.Sorry can not be more specific.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Thanks for the advise. I'll get them checked out.