A6 misting up - ubidenmark
Every year about this time the misiting inside my A6 becomes a serious problem to control. I have to run the demister and aircon on full blast every other minute to keep the windows clear.

Does anyone know what causes this problem and how to fix it ?

Thanks

A6 misting up - kal
I do not beleive its a problem, I think most cars these days demist properly using the a/c system becuase the a/c sytem by nature of its desigh de humidifies the air and thus will de-mist more rapidly. Also by using the a/c system more frequently you ensure that the sytem remains well lubricated all year round. I hope I am correct? I one drove a ford focus with a/c and it to would only de mist properly with the a/c system on and not off.
A6 misting up - El Dingo
Does your A6 have climate control or manual air con? I assume that there is no obvious fault in the system?

If you have climate control, IMHO it's better to leave it on Auto permanently, although this will use marginally more fuel.

If you have manual air con you will need to run it in cold/damp weather for demisting, which might seem a bit odd, as air con is for keeping one cool, surely? The reason is that the air con dries the air.

With either system, depending on the age of your car, the air con won't operate below (usually) 5 deg. C.
El Dingo.
A6 misting up - car junky
Press

Auto

and the

Econ button

Set temp to about 20-22 deg

A6 misting up - kurnal
Dont overlook one very cheap and basic point - does your car have a pollen filter and if so has it ever been changed?
A blocked filter has a dire effect on the performance of the demist system and makes demisting impossible without using the air con. A Lesson I learned from experience- and the solution came from this forum a couple of years ago!
The heating and climate control systems appear to be working OK and I'm using them, usually on auto or demist setting. Admittedly I do use the Econ setting most of the time.

Where would I find the pollen filter, which I seem to recall being blamed for poor demisting in an earlier post.
A6 misting up - Bill Payer
Does this help?
www.puravent.co.uk/filters/dispmodel.pl?make=AUDI
Yes, it does !

Thanks
A6 misting up - Bill Payer
Is the car damp inside? A6's have a problem with the scuttle drain (located under the battery) blocking, and then water runs into the car through the heater vents.

More generally, misting has been a problem for the last few wks on all our cars, but it's been OK for the last few days. On many cars today, once you've had the a/c on, it becomes impossible to turn it off as the system just releases the moisture its collected back into the car.
I try to tun the a/c off 5/10 mins from home, hoping to dry the system out. If I don't do that then next day the car mists up straight away. Doesn't matter which car, thay all do it.

One other thought (might be impossible on A6 anyway) you haven't got the system set to re-circulation, have you?
A6 misting up - Collos25
Damp in the car ,pollen filter clogged