New Nissan Navara fault - Tinman
After just 7 weeks of owning my new Navara, it developed a worrying rattle from the back end. After calling out the RAC to check it out, they informed me it had a lot play on the rear wheels (possibly bearings) and it was not safe to drive. I then had the sickening experience of watching my new truck being carted away on low loader.

I have since been informed by the Nissan dealer that I may not see the vehicle for at least 3 weeks as the new parts have to come from the factory and there is also a waiting list! I find this wait totally unacceptable; after all, don't parts arrive next working day!!

Although I have been given a hire car (on my own insurance) I am still gutted. My truck was sign written, for my business and I could get at least 3 or 4 jobs from it per week - obviously I have lost that advertising for the foreseeable future.

I will be ringing the manager of Nissan UK customer services on Monday, to get to the bottom of the fault and also find out why the long delay.

I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions of how I should approach Nissan to get priority for a speedy repair. Also, are there any legal angles I could use to move things along a bit?
New Nissan Navara fault - Hugo {P}
I'm surprised wheel bearings (if that's what it is) take 3 weeks to be delivered. I would have thought these would almost be a stock item. Having said that, if there's a waiting list then I suspect that it may be a common problem at the moment.

Your best course of action is to talk to Nissan UK straight away but be polite but firm. It's easy to lose the plot when you feel you've been stuffed, but this won't do you any good. Try to get to the bottom of this parts availability issue.

You may also be wise to press for some goodwill payment. How much has the loss of the vehicle cost your business? Would this be reflected in a couple of free services courtesy of Nissan UK?
Thanks for the advice Hugo. You are right, it is very easy to 'loose the plot' when things like this happen.

I'm afraid my blood is still boiling. I need to calm down a bit before my phone call Monday!

Thanks again for the suggestions.

New Nissan Navara fault - tyre tread
Why are you having to organise your own replacment vehicle when an almost new vehicle supplied by the delere is the cause of your having to use a replacement.

The absolute least they could do is to supply a replacement vehicle of the same type. After all you bought the vehicle for a reason and you shoudl b able to rely on it to perform the function for which you bought it or expect a replacement, temprorary or permanent.
New Nissan Navara fault - DavidHM
I have been given a hire car (on my own insurance)

I agree that a replacement should have been offered but I get the impression that this is what has happened here. It's not a huge problem that the insurance has had to be switched from the truck because the garage is a bailee of the truck and so should be responsible for taking care of it, and there is no loss in insurance terms to Tinman because he presumably doesn't have to pay the insurance premium in relation to his own truck.
New Nissan Navara fault - tyre tread
DAvidHM, I hadn't read that interpretation so apologies if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick but the phrase " a hire car (on my own insurance)" tended to suggest that a car had been hired whereas a Main Dealer would normally supply a vehicle from own stock.

Well, I spoke to Nissan GB Customer Services Manager. He was not sure whether the problem was the rear bearings themselves or the way they were assembled. However, they are having problems getting the parts out from the factory (wherever they are made) and that the average turnaround time for the job was about 3 weeks!!

Although Nissan are paying for a hire car for me, the hire company wanted me to pay £6.50 per day for the collision damage waver plus £3.50 per day in case I pick up stone chips and scratches. After a bit of pressing, Nissan also agreed to pay that, so it was worth the phone call.

I may be pessimistic but I get the feeling I might not see my new truck again before Christmas.

New Nissan Navara fault - mss1tw
'It gets respect.'

Looks like it n'all.

Just got my new (55) Navara back after 16 days at the dealers waiting for the parts. Had the rear half-shaft units replaced. They still could not confirm if it was faulty rear wheel bearings or an assembly problem.

Nissan customer relations have indicated they might make a "goodwill gesture" (either accessories or servicing), we will see!!
New Nissan Navara fault - Hugo {P}
I'm glad you've got it sorted.

H