thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - scrumpyjax
Has anyone got a dodge to free up a stuck thermo.I dont want to remove it because it looks like a right pain-the cambelt cover etc needs to come off Help please??
thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - bell boy
wear long johns on next car yourney?

thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - scrumpyjax
wear long johns on next car yourney?

Thankx for that gem I am.
thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - Victorbox
I assume it is stuck open so you are running cold? I ran a Cavalier for about 3 months through the winter once until the next service with a stuck open thermostat. The needle sat firmly in the middle of the blue of the temp guage. Didn't seem to affect the car or consumption and the interior still got warm'ish. The cambelt cover is pretty easy to unclip and from memory you don't disturb the cambelt etc. My local back street garage did the service and changed the thermostat quite easily. There was hardly any extra labour for this work and the thermostat is very cheap. I guess your best bet is a small garage who have done a few of these & can fix it very quickly without shearing off the cover studs in the block.
thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - Dynamic Dave
The cambelt cover is pretty easy to unclip and from memory you don't disturb the cambelt etc.

I managed to change the thermostat on my old 1.3 Mk1 Astra (same design engine as your Cav) without removing the cambelt. Admittedly it was a little bit fiddly, but by no means impossible.
thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - Number_Cruncher
Also, it's not more than a couple of minute's work to time the engine up, and simply slip the cam belt off the end of the pulley - you don't need to disturb the water pump / tensioner to do this.

Cue someone saying that if you even catch a glance of timing belt, you should change it, and the water pump.

Number_Cruncher
thermostat stuck open on G 1.6 cavalier - Civic8
fraid its a new stat needed,though it isnt hard to replace,as stated fiddly. but rather spend a few minutes extra replacing than freezzzing while driving-this would drive me nuts.also the fuel consumption will be terrible!
--
Steve