Seat Toledo TDi engine mount failure - Tom from Chinnor
My 5 year old / 85,000 mile Toledo TDi suffered an engine mount failure, with no advance indication that this was about occur. The car has been serviced from new at a Seat Service centre at recommended service intervals.
As there is damage to the block it will necessitate a new short engine at best and therefore high repair cost.

I contacted SEAT Customer Care centre, UK, but after limited investigation (not even a call to the garage as far as I can tell) they have washed their hands of it, saying that the failure is down to normal 'wear and tear', and,as vehicle is out of warranty, all repair costs are my responsibility.

I'm contesting this, on the basis that this is not a component expected to fail in the lifelife of the vehicle, but I'd welcome any comments on the specific failure, or approaching this type of claim in general.

Thanks
Seat Toledo TDi engine mount failure - Editor
An engine mount failure normal wear & tear? No way!

Incidentally are you positive that there is damage to the block? How?

Good luck
Seat Toledo TDi engine mount failure - Tom from Chinnor
I was able to inspect the vehicle at the Seat Service Centre, and could see that the surround of the bolt holes in the block had snapped/sheared off. I guess the garage are erring on the side of safety and recommending replacement.
Seat Toledo TDi engine mount failure - Editor
Tom, stick this one over into 'discussion' forum. There's usually a much better response to your issue than the none you've had so far.
Seat Toledo TDi engine mount failure - Dynamic Dave
As this question has now been repeated over to discussion, I'll lock this one to avoid repetition of answers. Replies to the other thread please; which can be found here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=36578