Fiat Ducato pulling to one side - matstro
Hi, on our Fiat Ducato LWB 1998 85k on the clock. its started to pull to one side when driving. After going round a roundabout and straightening up, the vehicle is pulling very markedly to the right. After turning a sharp left corner and straightening up, it pulls to the left. Looks like somethings stopping the steering centring after corning.

Any ideas????
also, difficulty starting on these frosty mornings after standing 2 days = clouds and clouds of smoke when it eventually fires - very embarrassing!

.............but I'm really after pointers on the steering pulling if anyone could help??
Fiat Ducato pulling to one side - Civic8
check for stiff track rod ends-if they are ok would look for siezed suspension ball joints,..not certain of the steering on fiat?ie box or rack?.

presume its a diesel?.so would go for glow plugs
--
Steve
sorry, yes diesel. Thanks Steve.
Fiat Ducato pulling to one side - JohnPug
I was out a few weeks ago in a works Citroen Relay (same van different badge), which showed similar problems.

Turned out to be leaking power steering fluid.
Fiat Ducato pulling to one side - James c
Hi Matstro, Did you solve the pull after cornering? I have same problem.
James C
Fiat Ducato pulling to one side - Dynamic Dave
Hi Matstro

Last visited forum: Wed 8 Jul 2009
Fiat Ducato pulling to one side - Steptoe
I have recently read on the motorhome forums that these vans are prone to strut top bearing failure.

Fortunately I have had no personal experience of this so can't say if this leads to loss of self centering but might be worth checking out.