pug 106 diesel noise - dean reg
i have a n reg 106 1.5 diesel 65k on the clock and im getting a noise when traveling between 50 and 70 mph it seems to start after about 20 miles on m/way and gets louder when i take my foot off the juice but stops when i depress the clutch.the only way i can explain the noise is its like a dry bearing.i also had a rear wheel bearing that made the same kind of sound but i know its not that ,definate frontal noise.
pug 106 diesel noise - Civic8
sounds like clutch release bearing dry?.
--
Steve
pug 106 diesel noise - 659FBE
Check that the RH engine mount has a white cap, and not an orange one. The orange top mounts sag progressively until the engine bearer hits the frame intermittently - giving the type of noise you describe. You can prove the point by putting plain washers between the mount flange and the frame, but a white top replacement is the only permanent cure if this is the problem

pug 106 diesel noise - pullgees
I had a very similar noise on my Pug 309 diesel, as you describe a dry bearing noise that gradually gets louder. This would come and go and might not return for six months. Depressing the clutch would stop it while the clutch remained depressed. I knew I had a stiff brake caliper that would not return properly but could not see why that would cause the noise and cease when depressing the clutch. Anyway I finally got round to replacing the caliper and have not had this noise return for three months so I'm hoping that was it although can't see why.
pug 106 diesel noise - pullgees
I would also add that the noise would also cease if I put it in neutral and coast, so that seemed to eliminate the clutch bearing.