Citroen remote fob programming - trancer
Has anyone ever successfully attempted this?. I see the info being sold on ebay for £2.99 which I don't mind paying if I knew for sure it would work, but I don't see any chance of a refund if it doesn't. Car in question is a 1999 Citroen Xsara. Not sure if it has an immobilizer, but the old remote has 2 buttons on the flip-out style fob.

Main dealer wants £80 for a new fob and programming, but new fobs are about £25 on ebay so I would prefer the DIY route.

Thanks
Citroen remote fob programming - David Horn
When I bought a replacement remote fob it cost me 80 quid, although that included a key. The car had to be connected to the dealer's computer to accept the new key.
Citroen remote fob programming - petrolhead
Hi Trancer, beware of Citroen keyfob reprogramming, as some Citroen keyfobs are one shot fobs. ie once programmed they cannot be reprogrammed, not even by main dealers. Check first before buying ebay fobs or programming instructions.
Citroen remote fob programming - trancer
Thanks for the advice, a new fob on ebay went for £44 last night and the others I saw I couldn't confirm as brand new so probably best to leave it unless I can buy one brand new from another source.