Diesel engines - bubuz
I am new to diesel mechanic.

I need some info on the diferent labels you see on the diesel cars in europe.

I saw TDI,DCI,HCI.

Please give me some hint about those diesel technologies.

Thank You.
Diesel engines - RichardW
TDI: Turbo Direct Injection. Usually old style mechanical injection, using individually pressurised injector lines. However, also used by Volkswagon group on their engines which use unit injectors - pressure is raised by an extra lobe on the camshaft, and injection is electronically controlled.

DCI, HDi: Direct Common Rail, High pressure Direct Injection (also TDCi and various other abbreviations). Now the 'standard' diesel technology - new VAG engines also use this. A 'common rail' is pressurised to very high pressure by a single pump, and the injectors are fed off the common rail, injection being determined by computer which controls the injectors. Usually several injections per cycle to help reduce engine noise.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Diesel engines - wemyss
Richard,
I believe TDI or DTI usually means Diesel Turbo Intercooled or Turbo Diesel Intercooled.
I,m sure the DTI one is correct when applicable to Vauxhall.
Diesel engines - wemyss
Now I come to think about it I'm not sure. However taking the Vectra for example when it has no intercooler it is called a DI.
When it has the a intercooler the label becomes a DTI. SO logically the "I" means intercooler?.
Diesel engines - mfarrow
However taking the Vectra for example when it has no
intercooler it is called a DI.
When it has the a intercooler the label becomes a DTI.
SO logically the "I" means intercooler?.

DI for Direct Injection (not Diesel)?

--------------
Mike Farrow
Diesel engines - v8man
Richard is quite correct!
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Diesel engines - sierraman
Why do they include an 'i'anyway?All diesels have to be injection,that's how they work.