My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - TheGrocer
As the proud owner of an MB 320 CDI 04 plate with 17k on the clock I continue to be amazed by the driving pleaseure it delivers. Again on the drive home from Uxbridge to West malling along the worst stretch of the M25 my MPG averages a stunning 45.5 at an average speed of 60MPH over 65 miles in 1hour 10 mins.

For a 3.2 litre engine thats very impressive and as the engine beds in it just keeps improving.

I Love it

My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - Ian D
Not trying to be a party pooper; but is the MPG you quoted from the trip computer or is it real mpg from calculating mpg from fuel used? Trip copmputers are almost always very optimistic!
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - Collos25
Not in Mercedes
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - harry m
i have a ml270tdi not sure about my mpg i have just clocked up 20,000 miles and i feel it's only just run in runs better than ever so i can certainly appreciate that your mpg is improving,long may it do so and keep enjoying it.
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - AngryJonny
Sorry... I read the title as "My MG Just Keeps Getting Better" - I only popped in to see what magical vortex you were living in. Very disappointed.
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - AlanGowdy
Sounds great, especially for a large engine. I've found that the fuel consumption of my Ibiza diesel improves by as much as 5 mpg as the air temperature drops in autumn/winter, so you might find your figure nearing 50 soon.
Incidentally I checked the accuracy of the trip computer, comparing its average consumption result with a brim-to-brim calculation and the difference was only 1 mpg (52 vs.53 mpg). That's accurate enough for me.
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - GIM
The autumn/winter improvement in your MPG is possibly due to the fact that Oil companies have gone to 'winter spec' blending. Winter diesel has up to 25% jet fuel in it (winter spec diesel is to prevent 'waxing' at very low temperatures).
I am sure that other factors also have an influence ..... does anyone else have theory?
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - quizman
The autumn/winter improvement in your MPG is possibly due to the
fact that Oil companies have gone to 'winter spec' blending. Winter
diesel has up to 25% jet fuel in it (winter spec
diesel is to prevent 'waxing' at very low temperatures).
I am sure that other factors also have an influence .....
does anyone else have theory?

I didn't know that they put up to 25% jet fuel in winter diesel. I was sure that an additive was put in at a rate of 1:400.
Surely 25% jet fuel, which is really only kerosene, would mess up the engines big time.
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - jag
my primera 2.0 lt. petrol will show 42 mpg on trip computer at 80 mph on motorway runs with aircon on,. i realise this is not very accurate but it makes me feel good. pity the bodywork rust proofing wasnt as good .jag.
My MPG Just Keeps Getting Better - Reggie
To TheGrocer.

I was just reading in the archives and noticed that you have previously bought a BMW 320d sport in November 2004.

As this is a car that I am considering, I was wondering why you only kept it for one year? Were you disappointed with it?

Reggie