306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - Dan's 306
I have the Bosch fuel pump on my D Turbo, is it possible to do a straight swap to the Lucas pump?
306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - solara
Why?
I believe you need to change the pump, the pump bracket and the injectors. The timing is slightly different on the two pumps, hence the need to swap the bracket. The Bosch pump is also more suitable for veg oil use.

Also later pug306 models used a security immobiliser on the stop solenoid. If so, you will need to bypass this and wire up stop solenoid directly.
just been reading all the threads on Veg oil, but not sure what mix to use. Can I just juck in a couple of litres with a full tank of diesel? My main aim is to stop the amount of unburnt diesel being chucked out the back of my car (had it tuned and now it has a James Bond style smoke-screen bulit in!!!) and the fuel mix is too difficult to adjust on the bosch pump (hence why I was thinking of Lucas). But if I can mix some Veg oil to stop the smoking that'll do me.

Any Advice?
Dan
306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - solara
Stick with the bosch, and gradually increase the veg oil ratio 10%-80%. Can even get away with 100% in summer.
Mix straight in and no mixing?

Rape seed comes highly reccomended?

And will it stop the somke prior to boost being achieved?
306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - ssray
use rapeseed its the cheapest veg in the shop,when you have about a 1/4 tank chuck your veg in then go and fill with diesel.
in my bx(bosch pump) i use 30ltrs of veg(tescos 3ltr bottles) and then top up with diesel.I dont think ot will help with your smoke prob,but it will smell nicer!!!!
Ray
306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - RichardW
Really you should sort the fuelling problem out! If it's smoking a lot then you need to back the fuelling off - vegetable oil may help the smoking, but I can't see it solving the real problems that overfuelling might cause in the long term. I find it hardly credible that you think adjusting the fuelling is more difficult than changing the injection pump - have you seen where the mounting bolts are???? I suggest you take it back to whoever 'tuned' it, and get them to back the fuelling off - it shouldn't need much. If you want to do it yourself, then the max fuelling screw is pretty accessible on the output end of the pump. Changing the injection pump would alse require changing the injectors and injector pipes - and changing from a nice unbreakable Bosch pump to a (relatively) fragile Lucas pump is the last thing I would be doing!

Another thought - does it have an EGR valve, and is it working properly? If it's stuck open this can cause smoking at low revs - ask the Ford TDCi drivers!
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - thomp1983
the tuning referred to here is basically turning up the boost and fueling together and the result is always black smoke it's a very fine line between acceptable amounts of smoke which most dturbo's push out when coming onto and off boost and performance gains

chris
306 D Turbo fuel pump bosch to lucas - hm
Dan,

have you had the injectors changed to handle the extra fuel? they tend to drip and be slightly inefficient if you do not.

I guess what you have done is upped the Boost comp setting and the max fuel setting (have you upped the boost on the turbo?)

If you have done this without increasing the injectors they tend to smoke quite bad (mine did !) mine still smokes a bit but it passes the old MOT.
Yes all the settings wer upped together, boost comp, max fuel and boost. What injectors should i change to?