Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - kershaw39
Hello

I've just bought a Cyprus import renault scenic from motorpoint of derby and i've been trying to check out if it is undersealed as good as a uk renault, as a collegue remarked that he had heard of Cyprus imports going rusty quick?

I've been in touch with renault UK and they have explained its got a 6 year anti corrosion warranty but UK cars have a 12 year warranty?

Has anybody out there also got an import and had any problems or good experiences , as the little berk on the phone at motorpoint was really usefull !!!!!!!!

thanks
Anthony
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Xileno {P}
I wouldn't think Renault would have a separate production for Cyprus. Personally I wouldn't worry, modern Renaults don't rust anyway.
Thanks for your reply

But im now just a little bit worried about what ive bought but i hope its ok as ive been really impressed with the car
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Altea Ego
Get in touch with Renault to find out how long your main warranty is - with cyprus not being in the eu it may only be 12 months
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Happy Blue!
Errr - Cyprus is in the EU since last May.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Truckosaurus
Although Cyprus is now part of the EU.

The things that you need to check are that the car is built to UK-spec, and what the warranty is like (probably only 12months Factory, like 'Renault Family' said).

Also try and get your local Renault dealer to price match against the Motorpoint car (especially once you've found the answers to the 2 question above).
I have been in touch with renault UK ...........

It has got a 3 year full renault warranty but its not as it seems, motorpoint sell them as having 3 years warranty but after speaking to renault UK its limited to 25,000 miles or 3 years, bit cheaky i thought of motorpoint and it only has 1 year paint warranty ........ still like the car though but ive gone off motorpoint, but the price was great so you pay for what you get.......
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Altea Ego
It was imported from the turkish side ;)
Now you mention it ....... i did find a kebab in the glove box!

The service book is stamped DomsCars ....Renault Servine or something like that..

cheers
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Craig_1969
Kershaw could you post Ren UK's no I can't find it on their website. I am about to buy a Cyprus Espace used and my warranty wording indicates 60k/3 years but its only good for workshops approved by "Renault / Eurovec". Eurovec are the Cyprus importer and its not too clear if this is all Renault workshops in the EU or just in Cyprus. If it
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - Craig_1969
2 years warranty was provided by Renault and the last with the Cyprus importer = no warranty :-(
No problem

08000 723372 Renault UK customer service .......

its hard to find but i got it out of Motorpoint!
Imported renault scenic from cyprus ? - wemyss
Was with a mate at Motorpoint Derby in 1998 when he was buying a Renault Laguna. I got talking to one of the owners and asked him how they could sell at these prices taking into account shipping them from Cyprus.
I can't remember his full explanation but he said they dont actually come from Cyprus but are diverted shipments from France which were origionally intended for Cyprus.
He had very good service from this car and only recently changed it for a Megane.