Ford New Car Warranties - Roly93
Does anyone out there understand their Ford warranty ?
I have a just 2 year old Focus Zetec, and when I asked them to check a minor idling problem during the 2 year service they said that the diagnostic was chargeable ??
Having read the warranty I have to say that I'm confused, as it seems to say that the first year is a 'base' warranty with unlimited mileage, with free of charge 2 year extension to 'Classic' cover. The wording is ambiguous, but it seems that running adjustments are not covered in the warranty, but subsequent replacements of defective parts are. So I would have to pay the labour costs to find out if any parts needed replacing.
I must admit this is a first for me as I always thought that aside from wear and tear issues, any other anomaly such as this is usually looked at without question in the first 3 years .
Comments/advice please.
Ford New Car Warranties - Hugo {P}
My first question would be - did the person you spoke to realise that the car was under warranty?

I have had my Nissan van checked out a couple of times under warrany and was once forewarned of a charge to investigate.....

until I reminded the service assistant that the vehicle was only 6 weeks old!

"No charge sir"
Ford New Car Warranties - pug3
I overheard a conversation at my local ford Dealer. The customer's car had been serviced recently and had developed a running problem. The customer asked if a diagnostic check had identified any problems during the service. The Service Receptionist advised the customer that diagnostic checks were no longer included in the service. If the customer wished to make a claim on the warranty he would first have to agree to pay a fee of £80.00 for a diagnostic check to be carried out, which might be reimbursed by Ford, depending on the report results.
Ford New Car Warranties - Roly93
I overheard a conversation at my local ford Dealer. The customer's
car had been serviced recently and had developed a running problem.
The customer asked if a diagnostic check had identified any
problems during the service. The Service Receptionist advised the customer that
diagnostic checks were no longer included in the service. If the
customer wished to make a claim on the warranty he would
first have to agree to pay a fee of £80.00 for
a diagnostic check to be carried out, which might be reimbursed
by Ford, depending on the report results.

>>
This is exactly my scenario....Needless to say I didn't let them do it.
Ford New Car Warranties - J1mbo
First year is a full manufactures backed warranty. 2nd and 3rd is a dealer backed warranty. I have had a few things done and I've not had to pay.

Unless its been changed, only things like interior trim, glass and bodywork trim are not included. I would say your idle problem should be covered, I had the throttle housing and stereo replaced and a problem with steering sorted without a problem.
Ford New Car Warranties - Dave E
Complain to Ford in Glasgow. I did and have had plenty of supposed non-warranty bits and pieces replaced on my rubbish 2 year old Mondeo.

On a related issue, regarding what is and isn't included in a service needs making clearer. My sister has just had her 2 year old Fiesta "serviced" and was stung an extra £40 to get the brakes cleaned! The mind boggles, I thought a service was to put things like that right. It appears it is becoming a charge to just look at the car and then see how much money they can extract. And to add insult they pulled the replacement wiper sting as well.