Best price performance reliability??? - Daedalus
I have sold the Blackbird after 6 very happy years and 47000 miles. Totally reliable and it only lost me £2850 on the price I bought it at, £438 a year is pretty good I think.

Anyway onto the main point, I really miss the performance but another bike is not on the menu SWMBO has put her size 5s down. So I am looking to replace the worthy, reliable but dull Primera and was wondering what to get. It will be on private lease and I am looking at an absolute max of £400 a month. It must perform but also carry the family in comfort (three boys who will all be teens by the time the lease 2 or 3 years runs out).

I had sort of half looked at a Scooby or Evo 8 but maybe those are flights of fancy.

Looking for your input guys!

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Best price performance reliability??? - DavidHM
How many miles per year? Any particular size requirement (I'm guesssing Focus-Mondeo sized). How important is economy to you?
Best price performance reliability??? - nick
Legacy, preferably 3 litre spec B, but 2.5 is excellent too.
Best price performance reliability??? - bikemade3
I have sold the Blackbird after 6 very happy years and
47000 miles. Totally reliable and it only lost me £2850 on
the price I bought it at, £438 a year is pretty
good I think.
Anyway onto the main point, I really miss the performance but
another bike is not on the menu SWMBO has put her
size 5s down.

Bill,
Advise the Mrs's she wears a skirt, you wear the trousers and get another bird, failing that suggect you help her pack her bags.!!!!!!!!!!!
Best price performance reliability??? - Tony Bee
What the hell is a Scooby ?
Best price performance reliability??? - Sprice
Scooby is a nickname for Subaru (but usually specifically applies to the Impreza).

To get back to the thread, if you want a reliable performance machine, the Lexus IS300 is a bit of a Q car, quite rare too with the 3 litre!
Best price performance reliability??? - blue_haddock
I doubt for £400 a month you'll get a scooby or a mitsi evo on a personal lease but things i can think of that may be of interest include the Mazda 6 2.3 Sport, Ford Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X (i'm sure someone will recommend the TDCi soon enough!) Honda Accord 2.4 Type S or a Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE
Best price performance reliability??? - Altea Ego
Jaguar S-Type
2.7d SE 4dr with Metallic
This offer is based on a 3-Year Contract Hire agreement, 10,000 mpa, Excluding Maintenance. Price: £399 per month

Plus VAT of course.

Best price performance reliability??? - Happy Blue!
No but I will recommend the Momdeo 2.2TDCi - much better than the standard TDCi!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?