BMW 1 Series - owners views please - andy76
Interested in the views of any 1 Series owners.
Is the car upto the build/reliability of its bigger brothers?
Any specific moans or problems?

Just tested a 118d Sport and was generally very impressed but want to be sure before committing to one given the higher price compare to other very good 5 door hatches.

The looks don't bother me.

Andrew
BMW 1 Series - owners views please - CJay{P}
You might get more views/experiences if you go to:

www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=d1...2

BMW 1 Series - owners views please - colinh
Or:

www.babybmw.net/forum/
BMW 1 Series - owners views please - Pugugly {P}
Andy,
I too tested one (as a replacement for SWMBO's MINI). As a BMW owner over many years, I was very disappointed in the one. SWMBO hated it.

It is overpriced for what it is, with all the bits that you want/need on one you may as well buy a 3 series. I have yet to drive a new 3. It just insn't convincing. Sorry. I didn't mind the looks either.
BMW 1 Series - owners views please - CJay{P}
Not an owner of the One series or the new E90, but have driven both (invited to the Rockingham launch).

From a driving perspective, I cannot fault it. Incredible road holding, and immediately felt that it could handle far more power. They seem to have addressed that with the 130i.

In my opinion, it is the best driver's car in its class.
Yes, it is expensive for what it is. I don't think BMW wants to rival the Golf in terms of sales, hence the premium price.
BMW 1 Series - owners views please - Pezzer
Andy - had one since last November (120d Sport)11k so far. I would echo much of what HJ says regarding suspension DO NOT go for the Sports suspension its too hard. Other than this I have absolutely no complaints and have had no problems. I really enjoy driving the car and I chose it over the old style 320Cd (as a company car - so not my money).

I've got to go now will post a bit more later on.

P
BMW 1 Series - owners views please - Pezzer
Andy I wrote this a while back -

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=33459&...e

As regards build quality I have no rattles or squeaks even with the very harsh sports suspension and have not been back to the dealer since it was delivered other than for some engine oil as I couldnt work out what it needed from the manual.

P