What have I done? - Round The Bend
I've been looking for a trusty car with lowish milage for around £5k for my use to supplement the still awaited Grand Scenic which will be MrsS's main car. Slowly resigned to fact that a decent Pug 406 coupe was out of reach so have been checking the staff intranet site for an ex-company motor. These are mostly perk cars that have reached hand back time and are sold at near trade prices.

Anyway I saw the car (not) of my dreams this morning and have agreed to purchase. OH NO! It's a MONDEO ..... the car I've always said I would n't buy! Problem was that it is just too good a buy to miss. It ticks every box except the one marked "desire".

It's a 1.8 Petrol Zetec Saloon, 2002/52, 29k, silver, 3 months of warranty still to run all for £5375.

Collect car next Friday ... book in to counselling sessions immediately!

What have I done? - Vincent de Marco
go on & debadge it :)
- - - - - - -
I am the only Pole over here.
What have I done? - Pugugly {P}
A TDCi badge might get some cred though (in certain BR quarters at least) - mind you sounds like a good deal.
What have I done? - MichaelR
They are better than most people think - I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car and from a driving perspective its the least mundane car of its type.

Don't tell anyone though, if everyone catches on the residuals will be improve and they wont be such bargains ;)
What have I done? - $till $kint
My heart says that I would rather remove my furry fun bags with a wooden spoon than have a Mondeo. My head, wincing at the image presented by my heart, cautiously thinks they are a rather fine car for very little money on the used market.

I still won't be buying one in this lifetime.
What have I done? - Round The Bend
>>I still won't be buying one in this lifetime<<

There's a scary thought .... I hope there are n't any Mondeos in the life hereafter"
What have I done? - tyro
There's a scary thought .... I hope there are n't any
Mondeos in the life hereafter"

Apparently not. In my childhood, I remember a rhyme which went something like
"You won't get to heaven in an old Ford car
'cause an old Ford car won't get that far"
What have I done? - tyro
I suppose, I should say, before anyone else does, that the above rhyme does not rule out the possibility of Mondeos in infernal regions.
What have I done? - $till $kint
If ever there were an incentive to be good in this life, that was it.
What have I done? - kennybase
Its not white with a convertible option is it :-p

(See Norfolk police topic)