No MOT Certificate - pdc {P}
My car had it's MOT yesterday. It's the first one I've had since the mid 90's, as I've always got rid of the cars before the 3 year old mark.

I was not given an MOT certificate. The car is funded through a Private Contract Plan, through VW Finance. I was told at the dealership that the MOT certificate would be sent to VW Finance.

It had been a long day, so I left, happy with that knowledge, but then started wondering on the way home how I get the vehicle taxed at the end of October, and was wondering what happens if I have to produce my documents at a police station. Am not talking speeding or other offences here. You have to produce when reporting an accident too!

Surely it can't be right that I don't get to keep the MOT certificate?
No MOT Certificate - Adam {P}
Complete supposition but;

My dad had his MOT'd a while back and got a new style certificate which he can use to tax the car online. I'm guessing this means the computerised database is up and running. I wonder whether you'll need to produce an MOT certificate or if they can just check the car to see if it has one?

Just guessing though. I can't see why an MOT centre would try and screw you out of a certificate.
--
Adam
No MOT Certificate - pdc {P}
Was conducted at a VW dealership.
No MOT Certificate - rtj70
If it's anything like having a company vehicle via a lease company (e.g. Leaseplan which is now VW owned) then you don't get to see the MOT. The dealership sends to the lease company. Sure if you needed to produce it then a quick phone call to VW Finance would resolve this - maybe call them anyway?
No MOT Certificate - Happy Blue!
I have taxed two cars online now. The DVLA has a record of insurance and presumably MoT tests (although our cars are too new) and all I needed was the renewal code and my debit card to tax the cars. Very easy.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?