Xsara central locking control unit. - Ashleyg
Would some kind person please let me know where I might find the central locking control unit for a 2000 Citroen Xsara 1.6

The doors are locking and then immediately unlocking - I dont want to mess around with pulling door trims off etc I'll just disable the unlock function - but I dont know where the unit is located.

Help !

Many thanks

AshleyG
Xsara central locking control unit. - Roly93
We had exactly the same problem with our 1.4 Xsara Forte a few months out of warranty.
The problem was one of the doors had a faulty central locking mechanism which was not reporting a 'locked' condition to the control unit.
After a bit of negotiation the garage agreed to fix the problem on a labour only basis, and it turned out to be a miss-seated or damaged connector one one of the doors which was repaired without any parts being replaced.
The problem is that they had to go round almost all of the doors prior to finding the issue as the diagnostic kit couldnt isolate exactly where the fault was. If you want to disable the central locking in the way you describe, there is a fuse you can pull if you look in your handbook.
Almost but not quite - I dont want to disable the central locking I just want to disable the auto-unlock function.

Do you know where the control unit is?

Best regards

Ashley
Xsara central locking control unit. - Adam {P}
There isn't an "auto unlock" function as such. As long as the central locking module is active, then the car will unlock when it doesn't report a successful lock.
--
Adam
Does anyone know where the control unit is located?
Xsara central locking control unit. - Dynamic Dave
No idea, but if no other fuses share the same circuit, it would be easier just to pull the fuse.
Xsara central locking control unit. - Dynamic Dave
Scrub that. Just seen your note that you don't want to disable the C/L.
Xsara Central Locking - Ashleyg
Would some kind person please let me know where I might find the central locking control unit on my 2000 Citroen Xsara 1.6

Thanks in advance.