406 door won't open - Quinny
My recently acquired 406 HDi,has now decided that it doesn't want the passenger side rear door to open,both from the inside and outside.

Anybody an idea why?
406 door won't open - sierraman
Something will have disconnected from the lock mechanism.Arm yourself with something thin and stiff,like a welding rod with a bend in the end,push on the glass to create a gap and try and activate the lock.You may have to push or pull depending on design.I have used this method successfully several times.
406 door won't open - Reggie
I've had a similar problem, and it was nothing to do with the rods etc becoming disconnected. A friend of mine says it's a well known fault with Citroen Picassos.

Have a look at this. www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=32035&...e
406 door won't open - Quinny
Looking like an intermittent fault,as it's now working.....Bizarre.
406 door won't open - Hawesy1982
It's not something as simple as a sticking door seal is it?
406 door won't open - Collos25
Now you beginning to find out why the previous owner got rid.
406 door won't open - mjm
Was there not a problem with a similar fault on a Xantia a while ago? Similar car, may be similar locking arrangement. I think it was just a loose screw. One of the mods might be able to find it, or try a forum search.
406 door won't open - Jumbo
Just had this problem with my 406. Plastic locking mechanism needs replacing - you will need to remove door panel and break plastic box in order to open door. Suggest you get replacement part first! There are different ones apparently!