Mondeo - remote locking problem again - Waino
After changing the batteries in the key about 5 weeks ago, the remote locking facility on my '97 Mondeo started working again. My joy has been shortlived, however, as yesterday, the remote locking packed up again; it can't be the battery because the tiny red light on the key flashes. By using the key manually, the car can be locked and the alarm set without problem. It's not 'the end of the world', it's just inconvenient that I can't check that the car's locked without venturing from the house (esp when it's raining!).
It sounds as though the problem lies with the 'receiver' or whatever links the 'receiver' to the locking mechanism. Could it be a duff fuse?
Anyone any ideas? Thanks Waino
Mondeo - remote locking problem again - Adam {P}
Given the key has a light on, I'm guessing it's the squarish 2 button IR one?

Before you go venturing in fuse boxes, try this little trick which provides hours of fun and a good talking point during wild parties.

If you have a camera phone (or any other digital camera) point the key at it and press a button. You should see the flashes which would tell you for definite that the key is sending the signal.
--
Adam
Mondeo - remote locking problem again - NARU
I'd put the alarm/remote system into test mode and let it tell you what is up.

www.mirez.co.uk/AlarmProbs.htm
Mondeo - remote locking problem again - oldpostie
I have a related problem with mine. (53reg. 2.0 TDC)
I had the electronic control module recently replaced under warranty.
Before this was changed I could use the non-remote key to unlock and drive the car, although I had to start up within so many seconds. Now, although I can go, the hazards come on and will not stop unless I unlock it with the remote key. Another change I noticed is with the indicators. If you move the stalk, but don't click it into position, instead of getting three clicks of the indicators, it only clicks while you are pushing the stalk. I don't know if that's connected to the unlocking thing, but it's another change since the new ECM.
I'll have it checked when it is serviced, soon, but I must be careful not to lose the key, as the non-remote key is not much use.
My daughter's Hyundai doesn't have these electrical niggles. I wish mine didn't. The old Mondeo II had central locking trouble of a different manner. It used to lock itself at random, trying to catch you out, I suppose.
Does the Mondeo soft touch indicators or whatever they're called? I imagine if it does, this needs to relearned like some cars need to "learn" the electric windows after a battery disconnection.

Your old Mondeo didn't have autolock did it? Does the II refer to a Mark 2?
--
Adam
I'm never quite sure what is a Mondeo 2 or 3. The old one was a 1999 LX, so does that make it a 2 ? It had remote locking, but I don't think it had the dead lock function the newer one has.
My newer one did have soft touch indicators, but not now.
I was wondering if the non-remote key needs reprogramming.
Your '99 one was a 2. Age has nothing to do with the deadlocks - it's the model that decides that.

With regards to the indicators, I don't know. I'd still be interested to know if it is anything remotely like my suggestion sugggests though!

As to the key, no idea I'm afraid. I would have thought you wouldn't have got past the immobilliser stage if it wasn't programmed but I'm no expert.
--
Adam
Thanks for that. I think I shall let the local dealer sort it, as it's still under warranty. Or at least try to.
If you look in the car handbook, it wants you to refer problems to a Ford dealer. Pity they say things like, 'we can't book it in until a week on Friday'.
I do like the car. It's just a pity it does these things.