Jeep Cherokee 4.0 SE Limited Auto, ok? - Mackay78
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a black 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 SE Limited Auto from Arnold Clark dealer in Glasgow. It's covered 74K and is it A1 condition. It's been fully serviced from new at a Jeep dealer and was converted to run on LPG by an approved installer in 2000 (this being one reason for buying it).

I wondering if anyone has anything that I should watch out for on Jeep or any opinions of them before I go ahead.

Thanks
Paul

Jeep Cherokee 4.0 SE Limited Auto, ok? - Citroënian {P}
Apologies if you've already been there, but there's a Car by Car breakdown section to the site (red menu on left) where there's no end of useful information on stuff like this.

The Jeep is under Chrysler.

-- Lee .. A festivus for the rest of us.
Jeep Cherokee 4.0 SE Limited Auto, ok? - Mackay78
Hi,

Thanks, yes I've looked at the car beakdown, but I was looking for anyone else who has any further info etc....

Paul
Jeep Cherokee 4.0 SE Limited Auto, ok? - Chas{P}
My experience of a Cherokee of 97 vintage is that they are small on the inside aspecially in the back.Before you buy, make sure you are happy there is enough space for your needs. They look huge but they are a Tardis in reverse IMO.

HTH

Charles
Jeep Cherokee 4.0 SE Limited Auto, ok? - nick
I had a 96 vintage jeep, same model, before by dearly beloved wrote it off. Also gas converted. I loved it. Handles well for a 4x4, lots of power, comfy too. Agree it is smallish inside, especially in the back. IMHO, the best looking 4x4.
Watch out for rust around the windscreen aperture and roof edges and water leaks through the screen seal. The luggage area light will probably not work, check www.jeepclub.co.uk for a fix. Check the aircon blows cold. I needed to replace a couple of diff seals due to leaks. The 4 litre engine is pretty bullet-proof. I used to get around 21 mpg. Make sure the lpg conversion was carried out by an approved converter and that the certificate is there - your insurance will want to see it if you have to claim. BTW, try DaimlerChrysler for your insurance, they were the cheapest for me and were excellent when the car was written off. Not even a form to fill in for the claim. Cheapest if you apply online. If I think of anything (it is late!) I'll post it.