bmw - kal
I recently had a major (inspection 2) service on my 3 series 99 model, I feel the hanbrake is not holding the car properly on fairly steep slope - , should I take the car back to the garage to check, should the handbrake have been checked and adjusted as part of the service. Is this sloppy on the part of the dealer.

Rgds, and thanks for any replies
bmw - Citroënian {P}
Yep, sounds sloppy to me. I know of at least one case where BMW had to fork out to fix a MINI that rolled down a hill into a bollard because the handbrake didn't hold.

Give them a ring, but don't hold out too much hope for a sudden leap in service quality. They couldn't even put a steering wheel on straight in our old car.
-- Lee .. A festivus for the rest of us.
bmw - Dude - {P}
Just out of interest, - how much did they charge you for an Inspection 2 service, as this should definitely been covered.???
bmw - NARU
My 3-series had a poor handbrake from new - it had to go back to the dealer 3 times and even then it was only just about acceptable.

I ended up taking it to another dealer, who got it right.
bmw - kal
I live in the UAE but they charged around 250-300 GBP, equivalent,...

bmw - kal
This is my first and last BMW or German cars, I think they are nice cars but the standard of Engineering is not on a par with effort spent on branding and marketing. Quality of electrics and electronics is below par given that 's what they always rave about...

If I can afford it next will be new Lexus IS.

With Jap cars releibaility is guaranteed becuase of a number of factors, firstly the Jap work ethic helps, the close working relationship between manufacturere and component suppliers, supperior manufacturing logistics, design philosophy keeping complexity down and newer versions being continually improved upon eg take VTEC technology around for over 15 years with Honda and being continually developed and improved.

Which ever survey you read, what ever the sample size they are always on top.
bmw - barney100
Japanese cars can give big bills too, a mate of mine had a Mazda...it wasn't an Mx5 but some sporty job and the ABS went wrong giving him a bill of £1500 or so.
bmw - quizman
Japanese cars can give big bills too, a mate of mine
had a Mazda...it wasn't an Mx5 but some sporty job and
the ABS went wrong giving him a bill of £1500 or
so.

You are correct, my brother had a Toyota Amazon which went wrong in France. The French dealer couldn't get the parts, so he had to have a hire car to come home, then go back to fetch it.

A little while later the Toyota cut out on the right hand lane on the M6, in heavy traffic. It took quite a long time to get it repaired.

It always makes me smile when I see that Jap cars are so reliable.