peugeot 405 immobiliser - alfie
Hi I'm new to this back room thing. Both my plips on keys to my 93 peugeot 405 estate have failed. The car is sitting in the garage with the immobiliser on and I can't use it! I would like to know if there is a way of overriding the immobiliser so that I can just use the central locking be key in future. Its so frustrating that it has just passed its MOT and i can't use it. Peugeot say a new key at £100 approx will take 6-8 weeks to arrive! Any ideas out there?
Alfie
peugeot 405 immobiliser - Dynamic Dave
Welcome to the backroom Alfie.

Posting suggestions of getting around immobilisers is not advisable in public forums, especially so here. That said, if your profile is public, then there is nothing stopping anyone emailing you the details if they so wish.

I have found a couple of previous postings here that *may* be of help to you in repairing the existing plips though - providing your plippers are the same as a Pug 306 of course:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=10574&...e
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27535&...e
peugeot 405 immobiliser - Doyle
Failing those, there is wealth of info available from people here www.andyspares.com/discussionforum/forum.asp?FORUM...4

Doyle
Thanks will trawl through the wealth of info you recommended
Sorry if I have requested help with something not quite PC! I am between a rock and a hard place so if anyone wanted to e-mail me a disarming solution directly I would be delighted. Thanks
Just to put a knot in this thread. Having looked at suggestions made here I contacted an auto electrician who did what peugeot said could not be done in under five minutes and I am now back on the road - minus the immobiliser. Thanks for the help of this forum