Praise for DVLA - HF
Praise where praise is due, and following up on my tax problem thing of a few weeks ago, I just want to say what magnificent service I got from the DVLA local office in Sidcup, Kent.

It couldn't have been better. There was a long queue, but I got offered the only seat available, by the security man (wondering if that was a compliment or that I am looking particularly frail and needy these days!) and he then gave HF offspring his own footie magazine to pass away the boredom of waiting.

Just cannot fault that sort of personal service, and on a car website just thought it worth a mention.

HF
Praise for DVLA - Blue {P}
So I take it from that you're all road legal again :-)

Nice one, shame about the length of the queues though, I detest sitting in the office at Newcastle so much that I normally collect my ticket and then sit in the car listening to the radio and eating whatever sweets happen to be lying around whilst watching for my number through the window.

Blue
Praise for DVLA - blue_haddock
In the course of duty I occasionally have to visit the DVLA office, usually either Nottingham or Shrewsbury and i find that the staff in the offices are a hell of a lot more friendly and helpful than the people you speak to on the phone down in swansea.
Praise for DVLA - No FM2R
Last time I was in a DVLA office would be about 1977. As far as I recall they were polite but not that efficient.

I speak to Swansea fairly often on the phone and have so far been very impressed with their helpfulness, courtesy and efficiency. Really, I have - even with my wife and her foreign licence.

Most people in this world are just ordinary people and will be as polite and you or I, given that they are treated courteously.

Sadly anyone who has ever dealt with the british general public will know that courtesy is in pretty short supply.
Praise for DVLA - volvoman
Good idea HJ - perhaps we should also have a thread dedicated to HF's problems/experiences :)
Praise for DVLA - HF
Volvoman, even with our new improved site, there simply would not be the space for that.