Seat Arosa brake lights mystery - shoei
The brake lights on my 04 Arosa come on by themselves, usually at night, this morning I came to start the car a the battery was flat, my wife told me they were on when she went to work. I have looked at the brake light switch and give it a squirt of WD40. Anybody any other ideas?
Seat Arosa brake lights mystery - Civic8
I dont know the car so am guessing. Could either be switch sticking or it needs adjustment..switch mounting may have a nut on either side of mounting bracket. Try undoing the top nut.Then tighten the lower nut untill the lights go out.If doing this several times has no effect.Then would suggest switch is faulty.Ie a replacement is needed.Other thing to try is remove connector from switch when brake lights are on.If they stay on its a different fault.But would suspect switch?
--
Steve
Seat Arosa brake lights mystery - debugslife
This may be unrelated but I used to have an Audi 80 that did exactly the same thing. It was the brake pedal that didn't retract fully. I never got to the root cause. When you stop the car, try putting your foot under the pedal and lifting it up. If it moves up it is the same problem that I had. Unfortunately I don't know what caused it but it rules out switches etc. There is something crazier going on with the brakes. Funny that SEAT is now part of the VAG group.
In which case it may be pedal return spring either week or broken?.
--
Steve
Seat Arosa brake lights mystery - debugslife
Exactly what I thought. The strange thing was that when cold, the pedal would spring back just the way it should, but when warmed up (or certain vacuum conditions) the pedal would feel like there was no force pulling it back up.
Only motors I remember having this problem was the talbot.Both car and van. The shaft that the brake pedal is mounted on wore out due to insufficient lubrication.On the Van clutch pedal went causing loss of clutch..Suggest giving the shaft a spray of WD-40.If this is of no help would look again at brake switch/re`adjust..I doubt servo would affect it though could be wrong??
--
Steve
Seat Arosa brake lights mystery - ShereKhan
My father had this problem on his Rover 600. It turned out to be a faulty switch for the brake pedal.
--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet