fuel gauges on LPG car. Vaux Astra - iceman
I have a astra with LPG conversion today when I filled it up with lpg, the gauge when runing on LPG still shows the level where it was before i filled up. When runing on petrol the fuel gauge is fine.

Does any one know if the fuel gauges in the lpg tank are pressure sensors or normal type fuel gauges and hence may just be stuck,

Any ideas

Thanks
fuel gauges on LPG cars - chuck
My bro had a conversion and there was no gauge as we know it, well it was a gauge of four LEDs. Not that accurate of course. It used to take a couple of minutes to register after a refill.
fuel gauges on LPG cars - iceman
Thanks Chuck on the factory conversion on the vauxhalls the car petrol gauge does both the LPG and Petrol and changes reading (when its working) when it swaps from one fuel to the other, it seems quite accurate normally
fuel gauges on LPG cars - johnslpg
Hi Iceman, My astra guage works fine on petrol and intermittently on LPG. I can't find any good instructions or information about the Koltec-WVM system, and the V. dealers aren't helpful.
fuel gauges on LPG car. Vaux Astra - horatio
When I was driving LPG, I had LEDs. You soon got to know what each LED meant in terms of gas left. But I found the easiest method was to always fill to full tank, and reset the trip. Also just as the tank is beginning to empty you hear a faint hissing come from the tank which gets noticeably louder the more empty you get, I think I had about 40 miles or so left when it started to hiss. This was was my best indicator of quantity left.

The fuel gauge in the tank is done with a float, just like some (all?) petrol tanks. Because of the shape of the tank (cylinder) the float moves quickest at full and empty.
fuel gauges on LPG car. Vaux Astra - horatio
Forgot my suggestion OP,

The tank itself should have it's own level indicator, on the valve fitting, see if the tank indicator is showing full or not.
fuel gauges on LPG car. Vaux Astra - fuglynutlock
Gauge senders on the koltec systems are a poteniometer on a float! As basic as can be. As far as info there is very little available to the dealers and a lot don't deal with the LPG anyway. If the Astra is an Astra-H then its crucial that the instruments are programmed to linear voltage rather than linear resistance to get an accuarate reading.