cam belt - vauxhall tigra - r3d_dwarf
I have a vauxhall tigra that i just purchased and there is no sign in the past its had a cam belt changed ( its done 75k ).So i am going to get it replaced asap but before i do
are all belts the same or are there some that are better quality ect? as i dont want it to fail early on
Thanks

{Subject header amended to make it less vague -see sticky at top of the page for details as to why. DD}
cam belt - mjm
I always use o/e belts, but I know that Gates make belts for Citroen, someone may know who supplies Vauxhall.
PS don't know what engine is fitted to the Tigra, but reading the tech info on this site, maybe the tensioners will need doing as well.
cam belt - DL
Fit a Gates cambelt and tensioner kit.

Mind you, a trade club kit might not be too dear from Vx
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
cam belt - r3d_dwarf
ok i am going to have a main dealer quote for cam belt plus tentioners fitted and compare it to a independant garage if theres little difference i shall go to the main dealer oh and by the way i rang a parts dept. for a quote on parts only for a cam belt kit ( includes tentioners ect ) and it would cost me £95.00.
So its interesting what the labours going to be lol.
cam belt - Dynamic Dave
Parts should be cheaper from Autovaux - and will be genuine Vaux.

www.autovaux.co.uk. No mention of cambelt kit prices on the site. You have to ring/email for info.