Vectra help required please - rickt
My Vectra has just failed it's MOT today , on two brakes pipes . No big deal , but there the one's running down the center of the estate disapearing behind one corner of the diesel fuel tank .So, I have visions of taking the tank off to get to these pipes. Can someone tell me the safest points to jack up the vehicle . I've checked my Haynes and cannot find the required info .I've been under the car to look for places to put axle stands , but the room seem's very limited.I'm going to start the job on Saturday and will would apreciate any help on the subject .Many thanks
Vectra help required please - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, there are some jacking points for trolley jacks not far away from the locations that the supplied manufacturers jack gets put - namely just further over from the inner sill. If you've got an owners manual, I *think* it shows you the locations. The rear suspension arm is ok to use to jack up the car, BUT do not put use the front suspension arms under any circumstances. However, you can use the subframes that the front suspension arms are attached to.

As for places to put your axle stands, again you can use the rear suspension arm, or the box sections at the rear of the car where the towing eye is on one side, and where you exhaust is the other. At the front, you can use the subframes.

Bottom line is though, slowly jack up the car, and if you start to see any deviation or bending with the location you're jacking at, stop immediately and lower the jack as quick as you can. Same applies to the axle stands. Lower the car down gently whilst keeping an eye on the location you've placed them.
Vectra help required please - rickt
Many thanks for your reply Dynamic Dave , I will checkout the owners manual for further info. Incidently , what are these pipes like to change ? some of them seem to be in some awkward places . I've changed brake pipes on every old car I've owned , mini,capri, cortina ,astra , But looking at the confined space in which to get at things on the vectra ,I think it's going to be some challenge . It looks like I'll have to remove the fuel tank to get at some pipes ,is this correct ? or is there a way around this ?. Thanks again.
Vectra help required please - Dynamic Dave
what are these pipes like to change ?

To be honest, I've never changed them. I would have thought that they would have been plastic coated, maybe not though if they've corroded.

Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to advise?