Renault 1.5 dCi engine - Xileno {P}
Has anyone else got this engine, maybe in a Renault or Nissan Micra? When I bought mine I was averaging 49mpg, it was quite an event getting it to 50mpg. Now after almost 12000 miles and an oil change, it is averaging 56mpg. I have done the brim to brim checks and it equates accurately with the digital display. My driving style and journeys are the same and I use the same brands of diesel. So I am not sure why it has increased. Not complaining though!

I was pleased with 49mpg but 56mpg is a real treat. What do you get in yours?
Renault 1.5 dCi engine - smokescreen
My 306 dturbo (old 1.9 xudte engine) does 50mpg+ motorway cruising at good speeds. I think its mid 50's but ive never really gone brim to brim so wouldnt know for sure. Mostly city + a bit of motorway brings it to low 40's.

From what i've discovered lately, its quite normal for the MPG to increase after some good milage - the engine slacks up.

This is the same explanation as to why my 306 dturbo has turned into a pocket rocket lately , accelerating from 0 to 60 in easily 8s~ .... according to allard turbosports, its absoutely fine and unlikely to have been modded. No black smoke so I guess they could be right.
Renault 1.5 dCi engine - David Horn
I've never got above 45mpg on my Xsara 1.9TD on motorways, averaging about 75mph. Only time I got low 50's was when I was driving to and from work down a fast twisty A-road (about 15 miles) and I gave it a good thrashing every day.
Renault 1.5 dCi engine - DavidHM
From a couple of hundred miles in a Clio 1.5, I would guesstimate 70 mpg (albeit not brim to brim, so that could be wildly inaccurate).

From my 1.9 406 td, about 40 mpg in fairly mixed use.
Renault 1.5 dCi engine - alan kearn
Polo 1.4 tdi pd

68 mpg Sheffield to Scarborough ( M18/A1/A64/
Average mpg over 8500 miles = 55mpg

Yes I know SAD keeping a check over this amount of miles But at least I can SMILE when paying my fuel bill.
Renault 1.5 dCi engine - andymc {P}
When I had a Clio dci from new, I regularly averaged in the high fifties/low sixties mpg, without really trying. On the few occasions I played the "how (s)low can you go" game, the trip meter would indicate that I had breached the 70 mpg mark. Not much fun doing that though ...
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...