SWMBO stopped last night - Pezzer
SWMBO was pulled over on the M1 late last night going MUCH too fast. The patrol officer gave her the usual lines which she meekly accepted and apologised etc. However he then said is this a company car, to which she replied yes its my husbands car. This he seemed to accept and got back in his car.
We dont think he would have had time to do a PNC check in the time it took to pull her over in the dark and he didnt take any of her details (name/address etc) or ask her to get into his car to view camera footage. Does that mean she has got away with it ?

Would be interested in your thoughts

Thanks P

SWMBO stopped last night - Dwight Van Driver
He would do his PNC check before stopping so if there was any warnings he would be aware.

So he did not write down personal details or say those magical words ' you will be reported for the consideration of the question of prosecuting you for exceeding a speed limit' - the verbal NOIP.?

Whilst possible to still take a prosecution by sending forms within 14 days I would say hardly unlikely and SWMBO has been warned.....

DVD
PS
Better get this in before FiF does...

Is she sure it was a genuine Plod and not one of the Highway Agency Motorway Patrol Officers who have no authority to report speeders.

DVD
SWMBO stopped last night - mjm
This sounds like good old fashoned police work to me.
To be stopped, talked to in a firm manner about an offence which you have commited, eaten humble pie in return, and them been allowed to go on your way, hopefully in a law abiding manner has more effect on your driving and awareness, and sense of justice than a nip from a camera. If she had been driving in a manner other than just exceeding the speed limit, say due care and attention, or dangerous, they would soon have let her know. If she saw them indicate to her to stop, and reacted quickly, that helps.
SWMBO stopped last night - WhiteTruckMan
Is she sure it was a genuine Plod and not one
of the Highway Agency Motorway Patrol Officers who have no authority
to report speeders.

Who are they? Are they the vosa people?

WTM
DVD - do they have bluse flashing lights ?
ooops 'Blue'
Have to admit I have not seen one yet or their vehicles but according to their responsiblities:

a. Stop traffic and close roads, lanes and carriageways;

b. Direct and divert traffic;

c. Place and operate traffic signs;

d. Manage traffic and traffic surveys

4. Secondary legislation to provide a further extension of powers is expected during 2005 to:

a. Cover the removal or arranging removal of abandoned or broken down vehicles on the roads;

b. Authorising exceptions and relaxations for other road users from the motorway regulations, such as the use of the hard shoulder

5. Failure to comply with a Highways Agency Traffic Officer's directions or sign they have placed on the motorway is an offence and could lead to:

a. A fine of up to £1,000

b. Driving License endorsement or disqualification

I would summise that a blue light would be essential. I believe they have orange gilets and vehicles marked HIGHYWAY AGENCY.

DVD
SWMBO stopped last night - WhiteTruckMan
I would summise that a blue light would be essential. I
believe they have orange gilets and vehicles marked HIGHYWAY AGENCY.

Dunno if they qualify, but a while back I posted some details of being pulled by the VOSA people in my truck on the motorway. they had some kind of people carrier/mpv with an led matrix sign in the back (it said follow me) and definately amber lights. Oh. and they also had large reflective squares on the sides, just like police motorway cars.

WTM
SWMBO stopped last night - PoloGirl
VOSA are different to the Highway Patrol people, who started patrolling the midlands area (M40, M42 and a bit of the M6)last year.

Only the police have blue flashing lights and the highways people can't pull you over for a traffic offence although you'd assume they have radio link to the police control room, like CCTV operators have, in case they spot anything.

Having spent a significant proportion of the last year driving up and down those motorways, I can't praise the highways people enough. They clear debris, stop with people who have broken down, and I've even seen them helping a young girl on her own to change a tyre on her car.

They drive 4x4s with different markings on to police cars (the highways ones have black and yellow, whereas police cars are blue and yellow) but it's quite amusing to watch people who aren't paying attention slam the brakes on when they see one.

More info here: www.highways.gov.uk/knowledge/tcc/traf_off/index.h...m
SWMBO stopped last night - Pugugly {P}
If it was a state of the art Roads Policing car it woul probably/possibly have an ANPR camera mounted..
..... like an Air Force AWAC ? Mein gott...

DVD
SWMBO stopped last night - PhilDews
Having had a quick look at the Highways Agency website, it seems that the powers are to be increased for these HA officers, to include:

"On-Road Activity - Road User Education - To be shared between Police and HA Officers" - www.highways.gov.uk/knowledge/tcc/traf_off/03.htm

Now I have no problems with these guys doing their jobs, but I would be interested to know exactly what this means!

I see these vehicles, somewhere in the region of 8 to 10 a day patrolling the M6 from possibly Cheshire right through to the M5 J3. They do seem to do a good job, helping to make traffic more alert to incidents, and freeing up police for other duties after accidents etc...
SWMBO stopped last night - Happy Blue!
I was pulled over a few weeks ago and given a verbal, but the PNC check was done whilst I was standing chatting to them.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?