M25 Junction 10 to Airton Yorkshire - drbe
On Saturday the 25th SWMBO and I will be travelling from home (just inside the M25 at junction 10) to Airton, near Skipton in Yorkshire.

I would appreciate any advice BRers could give on the best route to use, we will leave at about 8am.
M25 Junction 10 to Airton Yorkshire - Altea Ego
M25/M40/M42 (east/north) M6Toll/M6 to Junc31/A59 towards skipton/A682 to long preston gets you to within 4 miles of Airton

Should be an easy ride on a saturday, but dont forget the kids are back next week so M6 north (being fed by M5) may be busy withy returning half termers

Still preferable to M1 north and the hastle of getting round Leeds

M25 Junction 10 to Airton Yorkshire - Number_Cruncher
At the Northern, civilised, end of your trip, there are numerous possibilities.

I would first suggest;

M1, M62 M606 - at the end of the M606, turn right onto the ring road for a junction or two - then take the Wakefield Rd (A650) into , and through Bradford. Then, pick up the Aire Valley Trunk Road at Cottingley, which takes you to Kildwick / Crosshills. Then, take the A629 to Skipton.

Or,

Follow the M1 right into Leeds city centre, then pick up the A65 - taking great care with the pedestrian crossing by the railway station! The A65 takes you via Ilkley to Skipton.

Or,

Take one of many twisty, much slower, routes over the moors which really annoy SWMBO! My favourite is the route via Hardcastle Craggs.

number_cruncher
Oh, I forgot, if you go via the M6, you can always use the M65 - usually very quiet. Takes you Colne, from where, you pick up the A56, and go via Foulridge and Earby to Skipton.

number_cruncher
M25 Junction 10 to Airton Yorkshire - strowger
> My favourite is the route via Hardcastle Craggs.

There isn't a through road through Hardcastle Craggs!

If you mean either A646->A6033 or A646->Heptonstall & Widdop Road, be aware that on a sunny weekend day there can easily be a 30-minute queue on the A646 to get into Hebden Bridge.
Yes, I meant the Widdop Road between Hebden Bridge and Colne. And no, it wasn't a serious recommendation, just a small, twisty road that I like driving along!

number_cruncher

M25 Junction 10 to Airton Yorkshire - strowger
I agree it is good - the food at the Pack Horse about half way along that road is superb also.

M62j22->A672->Pike End Road->Long Causeway->A58->Cragg Vale Road (B8138)->A646->Widdop Road would be a really good drive in the early morning before traffic is about - but, a slow, frustrating and depressing drag on any day once the '40mph everywhere' brigade are out of bed.

M25 Junction 10 to Airton Yorkshire - drbe
Thank you all for those responses, food for thought.

Now where's that large scale map book to see where all these routes go............................