Advice needed please - flatstan
Recently bought a 2002 approved car from a main dealer and have only just started going through the manuals, service book etc and have found that the car has not had a service for two years, the first stamp was at 15k and march 2004 (so well over 12k/12months schedule) the dealer says it's nothing to worry about but I am unsure as it could effect re-sale value.

Any advice appreciated.
Advice needed please - ihpj
I wouldn't *ever* buy a car without exmaining all the documents first. If I'm going to be parting with cash then I want to check things over first, rather than take anyone else's word that 'everything is in order' - because I'm the one spending the money. If there are no documents, then I'm not parting with my cash until I see them or say a service printout from the dealership.

Now, in your case, I think the dealer might be correct because it has been posted here before that people have bought cars where they are over due services - usually though quick correspondence with the manufacturer and they will confirm that if the vehicle is serviced ASAP, then their will be no problems with wrranty etc. In your case, since you have bought from a main dealer, I'd get it in writing that everything is hunky-dorey or alternatively, it might be an error in that the car had a service before, but the book wasn't stamped, and when it went in for the second service, they stamped in the first available box - worth double checking before you start worrying.

As fore re-sale value - depends on the punter really as to how far deeply s/he checks the service history. In any event, if you sell the car after it's three year warranty has expired, then I doubt it'll make any difference as long as it's been serviced regularly.

Hope it helps.

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.
Advice needed please - Pugugly {P}
Has the car come from it's own brand dealer....it may be that the they forgot to stamp the service book, their centralised data may help. I had this happen once..
I was at the dealer and asked them to check on the pc and they have nothing before the 15k service at 2004.

It is a Honda and was bought from Honda on the approved scheme which states "take the hassle out of buying used" so I thought I would'nt have any problems like this.

Any advice appreciated.

Advice needed please - Happy Blue!
Surely they serviced the car prior to handover?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Advice needed please - Altea Ego
It was a honda bought from a honda dealer. As long as you keep the paper work it will not affect the resale value.
Thanks for the replies,

Yes they serviced it prior to handover, so it looks ok as long as I get something in writing.

My problem is if it went two years without an oilchange (its a type-r) it could have problems in the future.

Advice needed please - helicopter
Look - if its a Honda .....

IMO they are the most reliable cars you can buy and best and most helpful dealers with possible exception of Toyota....

I have always found the local Honda dealer will bend over backwards to keep my business and any problems I have had have been sorted out courteously and speedily.

So - don't worry.