Roofrack for tigra - jonnie
Hi.. does anyone know a good roof rack solution for a vauxhall tigra 1995. I want to carry a chunky mountain bike up top...
Any suggestions..

Jonnie
Re: Roofrack for tigra - Brian
Why does a Tigra driver want to carry a 'Chunky mountain bike', surely this does not fit the sterotype :-)

Apologies but could not resist, I'm sure its your mum's / girlfriends / hairdressers he he he.

You should be able to get standard roof bars, that will fit to any Vauxhall roof mounting, didn't notice any specific to the tigra when I looked, but I do seem to remember seeing a tigra with the mounting points on the roof. I don't think the Tigra is type approved for a towbar (required after 1998) so even though yours is 1995 I doubt if you could buy a towbar to use a towbar mounting carrier. (Besides your mum wouldn't like the look of it on her wee cute car :-)he he he)
Re: Roofrack for tigra - jonnie
yeah thanks Brian......
and by the way can I book you for fri night at 1 oclock outside the city hall

cheers...

chin chin
Re: Roofrack for tigra - Andy Bairsto
If I remember correctlly the Tigra is forbidden to have a roof rack of any description and also cannot have a tow bar fitted.I think you can get a boot mount for a bike
Re: Roofrack for tigra - Brill
If you go for the boot mounted rack, watch your paintwork.

You need padding to stop the bikes scratching your car (pedals etc.) :o(

As a safety measure, I also tie a long flexible bike lock through the rack, bike and the car's tow loop, so that if an unexpected failure happens, and the lot does fall off, at least you'll drag it a short way along the motorway and not have it bounce on the road into the car behind.

Stu.
Re: Roofrack for tigra - Peter F
Try the following site, although it seems to support the view that roof bars are not available for the Tigra

www.thule.co.uk/

Cheers, Peter
Re: Roofrack for tigra - David Millar
Just checked the Thule website and it doesn't seem too accurate. Says you can't get rapid fit rack for the Citroen BX despite my having priced them on the shelves in Halfords and in France.

Back to the Tigra, a Google search on 'Tigra roof rack' suggests there are several suppliers for 95-on Tigra roof bars, then I suggest hanging around Halfords for January sale Thule bike carriers. I got two at half-price a couple of years ago for my mountain bikes, both of which weigh around 29lbs.

Good hunting

David
Re: Roofrack for tigra - David W
What about putting the Tigra on the back of the bike. just a thought!

;-)

David