New Merc - Truckersunite
Saw this on the M4 by Swindon today tinyurl.com/79qs2 It has to rate as having the ugliest back end of any car I have seen. Now I'm no fan of Merc's, but this one is even worse then their normal offerings, considering the good looks of the BMW I think they are on a hiding to nothing with this one, much like Ford did with the Scorpio.
New Merc - frazerjp
Jeremy Clarkson was testing one out, as well as The Stig taking it round the track on Sundays Top Gear. Jezza seemed very impressed with it, despite the slightly restricted headroom in the back & you can only seat two in the back as well!!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
New Merc - Tomo
Interesting comment. To me it looks fine in the pictures, but certainly the appearance on the road can be different - Jaguars (of which it could almost be a variety) have often looked better than their pictures.

As I lack the bravery, or cheek, to go inside the local M/B showroom I shall have to wait until some local with taste and money (a rarity) stumps up!
New Merc - Blue {P}
One of our locals already has, I've seen it parked in the same place in our city centre twice now.

It's bright silver and I've spend some time dribbling over it in the street, it lookas absoloutely stunning in the flesh.

Would have one in a second if I had the money...

Blue
New Merc - blue_haddock
I've seen a couple of these recently and i'm not exactly impressed. If i want a coupe i'd by a CLK if i wanted a 4 seat saloon car i'd buy an E Class. I guess they'll do a jacked up 4x4 version to cover every prossibility too.
New Merc - Armitage Shanks {p}
Saw one in Germany yesterday and it looked terrific. I think it might look even better in a colour other than silver.
New Merc - Ed V
They're all going for the concave-appearing rear end it seems; BMW, Merc now, VW Phaeton, no dount Audi, RR and the Mondeo replacement too in due course.
New Merc - rcspeirs
I saw one a few months ago. I thought it seemed stunning good looking, fine design, innovative, elegant.
My partner thought it was stunning ugly, truly revolting, and could not believe that MB had actually put the thing into production.
Seems to be a real love it or hate it car.
New Merc - blue_haddock
Seems to be a real love it or hate it car.

I'm in the hate it camp
New Merc - Dave E
I want one, extra lotto tickets aplenty. Which is sad really, sigh!!!!!!!
New Merc - Altea Ego
Stunnningly good looking piece of metal.
New Merc - Citroënian {P}
Saw one of these in Spain the other week, the AMG version in dark metallic grey.

I really looked amazing, I think Mercedes has this one right.

The most distinctive feature for me were the very shallow side windows, looked quite modern in a Gotham City sort of way.
-- Lee Having a Fabialous time.
New Merc - NowWheels
The most distinctive feature for me were the very shallow side windows

Indeed. Being able to see out is becoming totally passé.

When it comes to side windows, metal is the new glass.