Matinee Performance - thallium81
I witnessed the following whilst waiting in the showroom of a main dealer of a well known make of car.

Two salesmen trying to start a brand new car which had been standing in the showroom for over four weeks. Initial attempt showed flat battery, salesman 1 brought in a battery pack on wheels and connected it to car's battery; big crackle and spark. Salesman 2 attempts start, nothing happens for two minutes but battery pack starts to become exhausted, so he continues turning engine but at the same time pumping the accelerator. Battery pack expires. Salesman 1 brings in a heavy duty charger and connects it to car battery they try again to start the car, no joy.

I asked No 1 what they intended to do with the car, "Oh it's sold we want to get it on the front to make room here for another model".
Matinee Performance - school boy
I saw at one garage a line of new cars parked an a base two bricks high with no ramps and no other way of. Surley this would have damaged the underneith and set the tracking out!
Matinee Performance - BobbyG
Quite common - they use portable ramps.
Matinee Performance - bimmer-driver
So the new buyer bought it without even starting the engine? Sensible
Matinee Performance - blue_haddock
If it is a brand new vehicle in the showroom they will have test driven a demonstrator and decided they liked the car and then a deal would be put together on the similar model in the showroom so no need to drive it.
Matinee Performance - bimmer-driver
Oh, I didn't think of that.